Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sorry

I know, I know I've been lazy, I'm being chastised long distance. This could turn out to be a long blog to grab a cup of coffee and settle in for some stimulating reading. Well, I'm not sure how stimulating it may be but we shall see.
Baseball is over and now we are on to football. My baby is officially signed up to have his little body beat up and he is so excited. I'm not sure who is more excited, Rusty or Blake. Rusty is planning on living out his dreams through the baby and I hope he doesn't get disappointed. Blake is very excited and he has tried all of his stuff on and wants you to hit the pads in his pants so he can tell you it doesn't hurt, but once practice starts I'm wondering how he is going to manage. He's only 6 almost 7 so being out in the heat doesn't bother him, maybe he will do ok.
My Dad's birthday was the 12th but because of schedules we didn't get to celebrate until yesterday. It was really nice and the food was wonderful. My brother is an excellent cook and I am always telling him he will make someone a wonderful wife some day. I made a homemake ice cream cake but other than that my mom and brother made the rest of the food. We had grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, grilled kilbasa (and Steven marinates it in his secret sauce that is to die for), homemade potato salad, deviled eggs, homemade BBQ baked beans and corn on the cob. I'm not sure how many people they thought were going to be there but there was enough for all of us to have left overs today.
Rusty's brother Bobby has a southern rock band called Southern Xcess, www.southernxcess.com, and Thursday night they were in a battle of the bands. They won, and on top of the money they won, they got to open for Deana Carter Saturday night at the Fauquier County Fair. They were all on top of the world. If you go to their web site, in the picture on the home page, Rusty's brother Bobby is in the middle with the white hat, and the one with the goatee is my nephew R.J.
It seems I've been tagged. I will do my best:
10 years ago
Rusty and I were planning our second wedding and spending way more money than I ever thought possible. We have been married to each other twice, once when we were young and stupid and then the second time when we weren't quite so young and maybe not quite as stupid. We had a "period" wedding the second time, it was a civil war wedding. It was alot of fun and everyone in the family got involved and got dressed up also. We made trips to Gettysburg every weekend for months. Ashleigh was 6 and Wayne was 4. I was driving a Pontiac Transport mini van and working for a dentist office.
5 years ago
We were living in this house, Ashleigh was 11, Wayne was 9 and Blake was 1. I had been working for the Dr's I currently work for, for about 8 months. My parents were living in North Carolina and my brother was living in Florida. We were in the middle of saving for our vacation we were planning to Florida for the coming year.
1 year ago
I was crying about the fact that the cruise we had been planning for a year had come and gone in April. We had so much fun and are now planning another one for next April 2006. I was working at home for my office and loving that. My kids really loved that also. Life was good.
yesterday
I signed Blake up for football and celebrated my Dad's birthday, but I already wrote about that above.
today
I have cleaned house, done a mountain of laundry and tackled cleaning my bathroom off our bedroom. I also let Ashleigh drive me around our neighborhood and then to her friend's house down the street. She's doing pretty good, but I am some what of a control freak so it makes me nervous that I don't have any control while she is driving. One day you will see what I mean.
5 snacks that I enjoy
movie popcorn with lots of butter, stuffed mushrooms, my brother's nachos (like nothing you have ever had), boardwalk french fries with lots of vinegar and salt and a vanilla ice cream cone dipped in chocolate from Dairy Queen.
5 bands I know most of the lyrics of their songs
Lynyrd skynyrd, bon jovi, AC/DC, Toby Keith, Shania Twain I tend to jump around with my music, just kind of whatever mood I'm in
Things I would do with 100 million dollars
I would take care of our families. Not just like buy them things and pay off their bills, but give them all money and they could do whatever they wanted to with it. I would set up trust funds for education for my children. I would buy my friend Barbara a house because she works so hard and it seems like she is never able to catch a break.
5 bad habits
very impatient, I hate to wait
I expect people to know what I am talking about before I tell them
I don't exercise enough or really much at all
I can be a slob
I drink too much Coke
5 locations I would run away to
I'm with Melissa on this one, if Rusty is there I'm happy
I would love to go back to the Bahamas.
5 things I would never wear
Daisy Duke shorts, a thong bathing suite, coullottes, never ever again, I went to that same school with Melissa and I would never make my daughter wear them.
a belly button ring, no explanation needed
low rider jeans
5 things I like doing
Reading, I love to read
talking to my kids
going to Redskins games with Rusty, we have season tickets and we have so much fun
hanging out with my family or Rusty's family it is one of my favorite things to do
just sitting around laughing with Rusty
5 biggest joys at the moment
Ashleigh getting her learners permit
that my grandmother came through her heart surgery with no problems
my kitchen remodeling coming along so good, I am so happy with it
when my 2 youngest children aren't arguing
a clean house and the laundry done
5 famous people I would like to meet
President Bush, Toby Keith (I love Toby Keith), he's not famous, but Rusty and I adopted a soldier that is in Iraq that we send care packages to, I would love to meet him
5 movies
Gone with the Wind, anything scary (I love scary movies), Lord of the Rings (I love the king), Rose Red
5 TV shows
Law and Order (all of them), Missing, Lost- I ashamed to admit it but I am addicted to it and can't wait for it to come back on, American Idol-another embarassment that I don't talk about outside of my home, and I guess that about it
5 favorites toys
my dvd camcorder, I love it, my cook books, my swing on my back deck, my computer,
and our AVT
5 people that I tag
I don't know anyone else on blog except Melissa, Thom and Emily and they have already been tagged, sorry mine ends with me
Bridget

1 comment:

melissa said...

Bridget,
I loved reading your "tag"! It is so great to catch up. Too funny about the coulottes (pardon the creative spelling-seems that they are SO archaic that they aren't even in my dictionary!).I wonder if Becky makes her kids wear 'em.