Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Beauty shop

I have finally found the ultimate beautician. Did anyone see the movie "Beauty Shop" with Queen Latifa (did I spell that right?)? It was so funny and I said I wanted to find a shop like that. My mom has been looking for someone new to do her hair and a girl she works with recommended this lady. I met with Mom after work tonight and we went over there for Mom to get her hair cut. This girl is hilarious and so were the other 2 people in there. I like her already and she did a great job on Mom's hair. We then went to dinner and to Jo Anne's Fabric. My Mom is going to make some Roman Shades for her living room. She spent alot of money having someone else make them for her library and after getting them she thought they looked pretty easy so she is going to try her hand at making them. I'll let you know how they turn out.

I went and saw Dark Water with my brother and my son Wayne on Friday. I love scary movies, but don't waste your money on this one. Steven looked at me and said "Is this going to be one of those movies where you keep waiting for it to get scary?" It was. Then last night Mom, Dad, Steven, me, Rusty and Wayne went to see War of the Worlds. Great movie. It is definitely a must see.

We are planning our vacation to the beach for August. Steven found out today he was able to take off and go with us, so we were happy about that. I think my Mom and Dad are going to maybe make it down for the weekend. We are going to my Grandparents at Carolina Beach in North Carolina. We will be able to visit them and go to the beach. It's also cheap, it's free, which really fits in with our budget right now. Rusty had knee replacement in December and was out of work from December to May, so that really put a crimp in our vacation plans for this summer. But, that's ok, because it's always good to visit my Grandparents and they like having us.

Melissa, I love the story about the little old lady in the store. Working in a Dr's office people always feel like they can tell you anything. I've never really understood that. When they call to tell you why they haven't been paying on their bill they have no problem telling you that the father has run out of them or that the mom or dad is in jail. That would be the last thing I would be telling anyone, but it's such a way of life for some people.
A thought for the day:
It's that little extra that makes ordinary extraordinary.
Bridget

No comments: