Friday, July 08, 2005

Boys and their toys

Well, we just got back from our four hour trip to Manassas. I hate having to go to Manassas, the traffic is horrible and it's over an hour one way. Rusty got Sirius (satellite) radio for Father's Day and the antenna broke off in it. He was not happy and I thought he was going to throw himself on the floor and kick his feet. I bought it from Bestbuy.com and of course we don't have a Best Buy close to us, the closest is Manassas. So, off to Manassas we went. That was quite the experience, did I mention I hate the traffic in Manassas, but the people at Best Buy were very nice and refunded us our money so we could turn around and buy another model that of course cost more money but the antenna is in a different location and doesn't plug directly into the radio. so he was happy, skipping (well, maybe not exactly skipping, but close) out of the store and then we had to sit in the car so he could call Sirius and switch his subscription from the broken radio to the new one. Then he was once the happy husband that I know and love.
Does anyone else notice the children that are just running loose in stores with no parents in sight? I'm talking little kids, not teenagers. It amazes me that people don't even pay attention to the crazy turn this world has taken. Children are disappearing everyday never to be seen again. I just don't understand it.
I think I am going to have to have my phone surgically removed from Ashleigh's ear. I don't think she stops talking on it even when she's asleep. Now that I think of it, she does talk in her sleep. I spent alot of time on the phone but I'm not sure it was that much. Her friend Devin and her have made up and are friends again. I asked Ashleigh if she asked Devin about the parties she's been having and she told me no, she was just going to let it go. Devin knows how she feels and she doesn't think she needs to say anymore about it. I guess time will tell.
Til tomorrow, good night.

2 comments:

melissa said...

I was wondering what happened with Ashliegh and her friend. And, Noooooooo.....I don't think you ever spent that much time talking on the phone! (wink). Thanks for the prayers. We are doing better today.

melissa said...

Ahem. That should be AshlEIgh! Ugh. I am still on my first cup of coffee!