Friday, July 01, 2005

Baking, baking, baking

Already I am running behind on blogging. I was so busy yesterday that I barely had time to check email. Rusty's family has a huge 4th of July party every year with over 150 people and a live band so I have been getting ready for that. It is tomorrow so I have been baking. It's alot of fun but I liked it better before it got to be so big. There are so many people now that I don't know over half of them. Oh, well.
My Dad and my son, Wayne are on their way back from North Carolina and should be home soon. They went down to take my Grandmother to the Dr to have her staples removed. She had a valve replaced in her heart (we call her MawMaw so now we have been calling her MoooMaw and teasing her about wanting to eat grass, they replaced it with a cow valve) and they did a bypass. She is doing wonderful.
We have been redoing our kitchen and it is almost done. Rusty and my Dad painted the living room, foyer and the hall and then Rusty moved on to the kitchen. It looks really good. My dining room looks like a bomb went off in it because everything is on the floor and table in there. I can't remember when we last ate at the table. It will be nice to finally be able to sit down as a family again.
For the last year I was working at home for my office and I loved it. I am now back in the office and I'm not so sure I'm loving that. I like the people I work with but it was so nice to be home with my kids. They fired our office manager in March (who also happened to be my sister-in-law, long story there) so they brought me back in to help with the new manager. She's wonderful and I really like her alot. The people here drive me crazy sometimes though. We have a new nurse who was just ranting and raving in my office the other day and she was cussing up a storm. I just sat here and didn't say anything to her. Yesterday she came back and apologized to me for cussing because one of the other nurses told her I don't cuss.
Sometimes your testimony speaks without you ever having to say a word.
This sounds kind of whiny, sorry.
I'll be back later.
Bridget

No comments: