Monday, July 11, 2005

Oh, I hate Mondays

Here we go again, Mondays. Every Monday I get out of bed and think that this week will be different. The people I work with won't drive me too crazy and then I get to work and that thought gets blown out of the water. Oh, well, such as life, I guess.
I know I talk alot about Blake, but he is 6 and he gives me such inspiration. ha ha Tonight we are having dinner (BBQ pork chops, stuffing, corn and peas, we have to have corn and peas because I can not get my children to eat peas. I guess I could pull a mommy dearest and make them sit there until they eat them but I'm a push over I guess) anyway back to dinner, Blake is eating and the conversation goes like this:
B- "Where is the chicken the stuffing came from?"
M- "What?"
B -"The chicken the stuffing came out of, what did you do with it?"
M- "The stuffing came out of a box, not a chicken."
B- "The people that put it in the box, they got it out of a chicken?"
M- "No, the stuffing did not come out of any chicken."
B- "Does the chicken have the stuffing in it while it's alive or does it get the stuffing after it dies?"
M- "There is NO stuffing in a chicken unless I put it there."
B- "Do you put it in all the chickens, even Grandma's?"
M- "No, Blake only our chickens"
B- "There's a midget at my school."
M- "There is?"
B - "Yes, it's going into 5th grade?"
M- "Is the midget a girl or boy?"
B -"A girl."
M -"Then she's going into 5th grade, not it's going into the 5th grade."
B - "oh"
And they ask me why I drink.
Has anyone been on the website for the new baby panda? It's really neat, it's right in the den with them. You really can't see the baby, but Blake and I have enjoyed just looking at it and talking about how little it is right now. They say it weighs around 3-5 ounces, about the size of a stick of butter. The website is http://nationalzoo.si.edu/animals/giantpandas if anyone is interested and you have to scroll to the bottom of the page.
I am headed for that pile of laundry in the laundry room, if you don't hear from me in a couple days , please send out a search party.
Bridget

2 comments:

melissa said...

BWAHAHA! That is SO funny...especially about the midget! I think that Blake and Jack would get along really well! Kids crack me up.
And I swear, one day my rotting corpse will be found under a huge pile of laundry. I WILL teach my sons to their laundry, I WILL teach my sons to do thier laundry........
Thanks for the comments and the prayers.

Thom said...

That's TOO funny! Little kids are some of the funniest creatures on earth, I swear!

Good luck with that laundry pile. I'm working on one myself, today. :0)