Monday, June 26, 2006

Another Monday

Our weekend was pretty nice. Baseball has ended and football has started. Rusty coaches so he has had to be at sign up for the official handing out of the equipment. He loves it, he lives for it, my husband is completely obsessed with sports but football in particular. He came home all excited Saturday because the league's secretary is moving and they need someone to do it. Guess who he volunteered? Go ahead guess, 3 guessed and you will only need 1. ME!! I asked him what this will involve and he doesn't know, some meetings, the taking of some minutes, etc. Taking of minutes, I've never taken the minutes of a meeting before, God help me so I don't kill him. Saturday evening we had his middle brother's birthday at Rusty's Mom's house and that was really nice. Everyone together just enjoying each other and having a good time.

Sunday was supposed to be my "I'm not leaving the house day" but as we all well know the best laid plans are sure to be destroyed. Rusty was going to work in the yard weedeating, Wayne was going to mow and all of that good stuff. After about an hour Rusty comes in the house to announce that the weedeater will not work, there is something wrong with it. He has taken it apart and he thinks it could possibly be the carburetor. So he wants to go to The Home Depot to get a new one and of course he wants me to go with him. Now, people I am not a stupid woman, I know why he wants me to go with him, if I go then he can get the more expensive model. He won't do that if I'm not with him, he will get the cheaper one and then talk about how he really wanted the other one and how much nicer it was. If I'm in the store he can tell me how great the more expensive one is and how much better it is until he wears me down and I tell him to just buy it because I want to go home. So anyway after comparing all of the wonders of weedeating at the store he gets the one he wanted and we head home. He's all excited, like a little kid with a new toy, and then we get the down pour of rain. I thought he was going to cry. It rained the rest of the day, so there was so mowing and no weedeating. The yard will have to wait for another day.

Have a great day!!!
Bridget

3 comments:

Emily said...

YIKES! Team secretary!! I love football and all, but after hearing Melissa's tale of being "team mom" for A's baseball team this season, I'd be afraid!!

LOL!! Just kidding! I sure it will end up being fun!

~Em

melissa said...

heh-heh, well, no doubt, you'll have good blogging material!

Bridget said...

That is what I am worried about. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers, I am going to need it. ha ha