Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th of July (the day after)

Well, it was once again a busy but fun 4th of July for our family. Saturday was the 29th annual Gibson 4th of July party at my mother-in-laws. It was a lot of fun, tons of wonderful food and great music. We had about 130 people and I worried all week because of all the rain we were getting, but thank God by Saturday things had dried out and it all went off without a hitch. Yesterday on the 4th, my parents and my brother came over for a cookout and to watch the fireworks in our town from our deck. We have the best seat in the house, our deck overlooks the mountains. They have a big celebration in town and then around 9:30 they set off fireworks in the town park. We have a perfect view of the fireworks as they are going off and we don't have to leave the house. It's great.

My dad will be heading back to North Carolina tomorrow to stay with my Grandfather again. He has been trying to come home every other week but we can't depend on my aunt to go down and stay there for more than a few days so his visits have been cut short some. My Dad worries about my grandfather being alone, he is 81 and gets confused sometimes. My Mom is very lucky that my Dad will stay with her father like this, there aren't a lot of husbands out there that would be willing to do that. The doctors seem to be pleased with the progress my grandmother is making even though it sometimes doesn't seem like much to us. Please keep praying for her.

I am officially the assistant secretary for the little league football, I will be the assistant while I am learning from the current secretary and until she moves. I hope I am up to this, from the sounds of it, it is almost like a full time job. I am just glad I really don't have to deal with the parents a lot, that falls to the President, lucky man that he is. I guess we will see how this goes. I was the PTO President for Ashleigh's school when she was in 1st grade and those parents drove me nuts, everyone wants to tell you how you should do things but no one wants to volunteer to help. What have I gotten myself into?

Have a great day!!!
Bridget

No comments: