Monday, July 10, 2006

Grandma update

Just a note to let you know we made it to NC and home safely. Well, I made it back home, my Mom stayed and I'm not sure when she will be home. My Grandmother is not going to get any better and actually she is only going to get worse. The doctors have said that her body is just tired and she doesn't want to fight anymore. My whole family is having such a hard time with all of this right now. The only thing that is helping, is knowing that she is saved and I will one day see her again, but like Blake said last night "That will be in a really long time" and that just hurts so bad. My little 8 year old has prayed for her for months every day multiple times, from saying grace at the table before we eat to saying his prayers before bed. He didn't understand last night why she didn't get better, he said "but I prayed". So Rusty and I had to sit him down and explain to him that God always answers our prayers just sometimes they don't get answered the way we want, but that it is always the way it is supposed to be. He seemed better after that but he kept crying and bringing his little hands up to his head, he broke my heart. My children are very close with my Grandparents, they have spent alot of time with them and this is going to be very hard for them. There aren't alot of 17 year olds that have been blessed to have Great Grandparents. The decision was made yesterday to make her comfortable, no more tests, no more blood draws or poking, she is on morphine for pain and she is still on the ventilator. They are going to let nature take it's course and let God's will be done. My Grandparents are such strong Christians and I don't know how my Grandfather is holding up the way he is, but he has been so strong for all of us around him. Please pray for us and keep us in your thoughts.
Bridget

3 comments:

Thom said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I will be pray fervently for strength and comfort for her and for all of your family.

Emily said...

We will continue to keep your grandmother and the rest of the family in our prayers.

melissa said...

I will continue to pray for you all. t sounds like God gave you the right words to help your little guy. Good for you.