Thursday, June 15, 2006

I AM GOING TO DIE

When it comes to exercise, I am a wimp. I will walk but that is about the extent of exercise for me. Now my husband on the other hand, he would live at the gym if he didn't have 4 people waiting at home to see his smiling face. He loves the gym, he belongs to Gold's and he has been after me to join, he said it would be something "fun" to do together. I have a free trial through him, so I thought I would give it a try. Oh my gosh, I hurt in places I didn't even know I had body parts. I've only been twice, I'm trying 3 days a week. He gets off work at 2:30 so he heads over there and does his thing and then goes through everything with me. I'm not sure having your husband as your personal trainer is a really good idea, they lie. While I'm on one piece of torture equipment he is setting up the next one for me and you have to check him or he will set the weights just a little more than what I want and when you call him on it, it was always an accident. It really is nice one on one time together, but I don't know if I wil live through it.

I think I have finally found the way to punish Blake that really bothers him. I take away reading in bed. He's generally a really good kid, but lately he has really been testing me. We were in Wal-Mart the other day standing at the deli. We are patiently waiting our turn, and believe my when I say patiently, I mean you're hoping you get away from the deli within an hour. The women behind that counter could care less if they wait on you or not. I have stood there waiting and had them look at me and walk into the back room. Maybe it's me. Anyway, we are waiting and he keeps edging his way away from me and backing into this other lady waiting there. We keep playing this game, he edges I pull him back and tell him to stand still. Finally, he bumps into her, I take his hand and lean down next to his ear and tell him if he doesn't stand still he will be waiting in the car with his Daddy. To which my husband looks and me like I have just sentenced him to death, what, make him leave Wal-Mart without looking at sporting goods and guns, what am I thinking. Blake starts crying and screaming "Don't scream at me, I can't take it." I never even raised my voice, but I really wanted to at that point. Then Sunday at Nissan Pavillion for my nephew's graduation, he kept running ahead of us and wouldn't stay with us. I made him hold my hand to which he starting crying again and yelling, "You're squeezing my hand too tight, I can't feel my fingers." I haven't been able to come up with anything to really seems to bother him, but I figured it out the other day, he loves to read. He reads everywhere, the car, bed, lying on the floor, he just loves to read. So, when we act bad now we don't get to read in bed before we fall asleep.

I am headed to Rocky Mount, NC today. That is where they moved my Grandmother from Duke and there is a meeting with her doctors tomorrow. We are trying to find another place for her, we just don't feel like they are doing what needs to be done for her. She is bored and is getting aggitated really easy now. We think they are sedating her so they don't have to deal with her, my Mom is convinced they are going to kill her if we don't get her out of there. When the doctors are on the floor doing rounds they won't even take the time to talk to the family, they are too busy. It's been very frustrating so please keep us in your prayers.

Have a great day and a great weekend.
Bridget

No comments: