Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Good News

There is so much good news going on here. I went with my Mom and Dad to Rocky Mount on Thursday to see my Grandmother. A meeting with her doctors had been set up for Friday and Mom asked me if I would go with them. Before the meeting they just weren't quite sure about the doctors at this place, but after the meeting all worries had been put to bed. This pulmonologist that she has really is a good doctor. She was able to alleviate the worries and fears that we had been having and she took the time to explain a lot of things to us. It would have been nice if that had been done when my Grandmother first got to this hospital but now it's been done and we move on from here. They moved her from the "observation" area to a private room on Friday and she has made leaps and bounds just since the move. They were able to turn down her ventilator 2 steps on Saturday and 2 steps on Sunday. She is more alert and is communicating with us, it is just such an answer to prayer. Thank you everyone for the prayers.
The next good news is that we are almost done with the 2 months of parties that we have had to attend. In my husband's family there is always a good reason for a party. Everyone has always joked that in this family "Oh, it's going to rain, time for a party", but I think we have finally hit the place where if we never have another party it will be just fine with all of us. We have 2 left and then we are done for a while. This weekend is my brother in law's birthday and then the next weekend is "The Gibson Family Extravaganza". Rusty's family has been having a 4th of July party for years, actually this year is the 29th year. It's a huge party at my mother in law's house, lots of great food, games, fireworks and a live band. My 2 brother in laws have a band and they play every year. Rusty whole family is full of musical talent, his oldest brother has never had any lessons and can pick up any instrument and play it. He totally amazes me and his oldest son is the exact same way. Last summer he taught himself to play the mandolin and to listen to him play it is awesome. The band will be competing in the Fauquier County Fair battle of the bands this year on July 13, they won last year and got to be the opening act for Deana Carter. They really are very good. Their father was in a bluegrass band years ago, had their own tv show and was on the Ted Mack Variety Hour in New York, so music is in their blood.
School is out and that means children sleeping in until 11 or 12 in my house. I don't remember ever sleeping that late, I still can't do it. I always feel like I have wasted my day doing that, but they are enjoying it.
We got Ashleigh's senior pictures back in the mail Saturday. I couldn't believe we got them already. Seeing her in that formal drape made me start to feel old, so I had to keep repeating, "I am not getting old, I am not getting old". They do them a lot earlier now than when I was in school, but that has been a little while ago. sshhh 20 years next year. It's really funny, Rusty's mom graduated in 1957, my mom is 1967, Rusty's brother in 1977, Rusty and me in 1987 and now Ashleigh will be 2007, kind of neat.
Well, I better get going, have a great day.
Bridget

2 comments:

Emily said...

What great news about your grandmother!
Sounds like you guys finally have time to slow down and start enjoying your summer! AHHHH!! I am sure that is a great feeling :)

~Emily

melissa said...

Woo-Hoo Class of '87!

So glad to hear about your grandmother.

BTW, keep going to the gym. After tyhe initial soreness is gone, it is awesome! (My old man is my personal trainer as well, and while I had my doubts in the beginning....now I wishing that I had started sooner!)