Friday, June 02, 2006

It's Official

Ashleigh received her "real" drivers license yesterday. We had to go to court and a judge talked to about 30 kids for an hour and about 15 minutes. It was actually a very good talk. I enjoyed it anyway. I hope the kids were really listening. He spoke to them about responsibility, respect and how driving is a privilege. I liked the part about if you are in a car with someone who is driving stupid and you realize that you could be putting yourself in danger, to tell them you want to get out of the car. If they won't pull over for you to get out, shove your finger down your throat and try to make yourself throw up. They will not only pull over to let you out, they will probably help you out. He's really a great judge and he is very passionate about teenagers and driving. His son was killed when he was 17 in a car accident, the other kid that was driving was going 90 miles an hour. I hope he got through to the kids.
Blake's baseball game was cancelled last night because of thunderstorms. I am really very blessed with Blake. He has such a good attitude about his games. He loves to win, but when they do lose like they did last Saturday, he just goes about life and tells everyone that it's about having fun.
This weekend is going to be so busy. Tomorrow Rusty has to be at football sign up from 9-1. He's a coach so he is supposed to be there to help with sign up and assigning kids equipment. But, Blake has a baseball game at 11:00, which Rusty also coaches, so he will have to leave football to go to baseball. Then tomorrow evening we have my niece's graduation party. She graduated from UVA. We are so very proud of her. It has taken her a while, she went to NOVA for a couple years and then transferred but she did it. Way to go Kelly!!!! We are getting an upgrade on our software program at work this weekend so on Sunday I have to go in for a while for that. I don't think I will even know that I had a weekend. Oh, well.
My brother is getting ready to buy a house and he is so excited. He is going to look at one in Bryce. He has been preapproved so now he just has to find his new home. I remember when Rusty and I did that and then started looking for a home. We were so excited and it seemed to take forever to find exactly what we wanted. We have lived in our house for 10 years this year and it seems like yesterday that we moved in. Our story is such a different kind of story, and I think I may have blogged about this before but maybe not. We got married in 1987 right out of high school. We had Ashleigh in 1989 and then we separated that same year. We were both very young and being married and having a baby was a lot. We were both also very spoiled and used to having our own way, which didn't work out very well. We both moved on, I got remarried, he got engaged and lived with her but never married. I had my son, Wayne, and then in 1993 I got divorced. Rusty and I started talking about our marriage and what we had done wrong and we started seeing each other again. We got remarried in 1995 and bought our house in 1996 so we got a little late start with the house buying stuff. Our second marriage was a lot of fun to plan because we didn't want to do the traditional white and tux, we had already done that the first time, so being the Civil War buff that my husband is, we did a Civil War Wedding. That was so much fun, as soon as I get my computer at home running, still having problems, I will blog about that and post some pictures.
Have a great day!!!
Bridget

No comments: