Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thursday

I made it through another day as the gym and actually it really is getting easier. My reps have been upped and I made it through them with little trouble. (trumpets sounding) Melissa, thanks for the words of encouragement, I too wish I had started earlier. I have seen such a change in Rusty but I am plugging along and we are eating better as a family also.

Rusty's aunt has to have surgery on Friday so please keep her in your prayers. She has a tear in her intestines. To me, that sounds serious, but the Dr. said it was about a 4 hour procedure and then they would send her home. My Grandmother is making leaps and bounds and doing so good. She still has bad times and I think sometimes her mind isn't all quite there. Actually, I know it's not all there sometimes. On Tuesday when the physical therapist was working with her they moved her into a real wheelchair, not the big comfy chair on wheels, and she threw a fit. She wanted to be in the big chair, when they wouldn't put her in it, get this, she held her breath like a spoiled little kid. I couldn't believe it, this is my Grandmother who doesn't put up with any nonsense and she's holding her breath. Hopefully, things will change with that also, but we are just taking one day at a time and thanking God continuously for the strides she has made.

My brother is looking for a house and last night I went with him to look at one. It is really cute, has a porch across the front, cedar siding, fire place, etc., but it is very small. It is basically one big room with one other room for the bathroom. I think it has a lot of potential because he could build onto it, but I don't know if he could even get all of his furniture in it. He has looked a about 5, I think, and this was the best of the bunch. The other ones have basically been falling down and rotting. He is getting a little discouraged, I think, but I don't want him to just settle either and then be stuck. Please pray for him and his search for a house.

Well, I better go, have a great day, and Melissa "Welcome Back."
Bridget

No comments: