Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday

You know, it is really sad when you have to come back to work to get a little rest. We had such a busy weekend. First Friday my Mom was headed back to North Carolina to spend the weekend with my Grandmother. Who, by the way, is still in the hospital. Please keep prayers coming, we really need them right now, I think the people in the hospital are going to kill her if we don't get her out of there and somewhere else soon. Why is it that the elderly are just given up on? I really don't understand that. But anyway, we babysit my parents dog when they are gone, so Friday evening we ran to my Mom's to get Aspen. While we were there Rusty wanted to use their computer to load more CD's on his ipod. Actually, he wanted me to do it, he hasn't figured it out yet. When I saw the bag of CD's he had brought with him the thought of murder passed through my mind. "But it will hold 7500 songs" is what I heard. If you know my husband you know if it's the latest gadget, and kitchen gadgets are the worst, he has to have it. So when he went and bought his ipod it couldn't be some simple one he had to have the new one that holds 7500 songs, plays videos and I think it also plays tv shows. So we spend a couple hours at my parents loading the ipod. Saturday morning Blake had a baseball game and then I had to go pick up Wayne Saturday night. He got back from Canada, had a great time, caught a lot of fish and bug bites. The poor boy looked like he had been served up on the buffet at a bug restaurant. Sunday we had another baseball game and then my nephews graduation from high school. The whole graduation all I kept thinking about was the fact that next year I will be sitting at Ashleigh's school watching her graduate. I just can't believe it, it has gone so incredibly fast. Rusty said "Hey, we may know some of the parents of these graduates tonight." We graduated from the same county and at our time there was only 1 high school. I told him we weren't old enough to know these graduates parents, but then I realized yes we are. Where has the time gone? Next year we will be going to our 20 year reunion. It doesn't seem possible.
Have a great day!!
Bridget

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried to comment on your recent postings a couple of times, but Blogger kept eating them. It's a new day, so I'll give it another shot!!

First, congratulations to Ashleigh on her driver's license!!And WOW am I jealous of Wayne for getting to go fishing/hunting so far up north---what an awesome adventure(bug bites and all!).


I have to admit to sympathizing with the Rustman on his need to fill up his iPod. I'm going to be purchasing one soon, and the thought of free, unused space on that thing will just irk me to no end.It MUST be filled, LOL!!

I will certainly keep your grandmother in my prayers.

---Thom (commenting anonymously because I'm at my folks' house and I forgot my stupid password, LOL!)