Friday, June 09, 2006

Happy Weekend

We have finally made it to another wonderful fun filled weekend or as my favorite deejays on the radio say "Friday's here, have a can of beer" to the tune of AC/DC's Back in Black. Actually I'm not fond of beer, but give me a tropical drink with an umbrella in a coconut shaped like a monkey's head and I am all over that. I had one of those on the cruise, it was probably the most expensive drink I have ever ordered, but I wanted the monkey head coconut. This will be another weekend of running, tonight I have to run to my parents house and pick up their dog. I am babysitting while they are in North Carolina with my Grandmother this weekend. Tomorrow Blake has a ballgame, Sunday there's another ballgame and then my nephew's high school graduation is Sunday night. Why do they schedule graduation on a Sunday night at 7:00? I really do not understand that. We are about an hour and 1/2 from Nissan Pavilion where they are having it. We won't be home until midnight, not that we wouldn't go, we wouldn't miss it but geez don't they realize that some people have to get up and go to work in the morning.
Wayne comes home on Sunday. He has been in Canada fishing and bear hunting this past week. It will really be good to have him home, it's just not the same without him there.
Please pray for my Grandmother, she is not doing well. She seemed to be doing better and was writing notes to people and then yesterday they couldn't get her to wake up or respond. The Dr's have said they think she could have an infection and they have taken some cultures, but I really don't understand. How can someone go one day sitting up, writing notes and trying to talk to unconscious and unresponsive. It doesn't make any sense. But anyway, please pray for her. I don't want to lose her, but also this isn't any kind of life for her either.
Have a great weekend.
Bridget

No comments: