Friday, April 06, 2007

Prom dresses, AAARRGGGGG

You would think that it wouldn't be this hard to find a prom dress. Last year we walked in and Ashleigh knew which dress she wanted right away. It was so easy. This year, oh my God!!!! We spent quite a while today in the mall looking for the "perfect, dream dress". I don't think it exsists, I don't think the dress is out there. She wants a strapless, backless dress. If you've ever seen my daughter then you know this dress just will not work for her. She doesn't wear a B bra size, she is very well endowed on the top. Every dress she tried on today wasn't the right one. I was to the point of picking out the dress for her. We will try a couple more stores tomorrow. I don't want her to settle for a dress, I do want her to find her "dream dress" but I'm not sure she's not being too picky. I don't know if she will be able to find that dress she's looking for, keep your fingers crossed.
We went out to Steven's house today. This was the first time I had seen it. I love it, it is really nice and he has such a nice yard. It has 2 1/2 acres and backs up to a body of water that runs into the river. We came home, had dinner and then walked up to the board walk for Britt's Donuts. You can keep Krispy Kreme and any other donuts out there, they can not hold a candle to Britt's. It is a family owned business that has been there since 1932. My Mom grew up eating them, I grew up eating them and my kids are growing up eating them. When you buy them they give them to you in a white paper bag. The donuts are very hot, they make them while you wait so they are always hot. Then you eat them walking on the beach and boardwalk. There is nothing like it. If you ever get to Carolina Beach you have to hit Britt's.
Good night and Happy Easter.

1 comment:

melissa said...

o.k. I would WALK to Carolina beach to have someone make my donuts for me WHILE I WAIT!!?? Woah.