Saturday, April 21, 2007

Busy, busy days

We have had probably the busiest 2 days in a long time. Yesterday we went to see my Aunt in the hospital. Please pray for her. Last month she had a tummy tuck (she didn't tell any of us about it) and every since she had it she hasn't felt right. She thought she had caught a stomach thing that just wouldn't go away. Well, last Sunday she was running a high fever and when she talked to my uncle on the phone he couldn't understand anything she was saying. He raced home and took her to the emergency room. They said she has toxic shock syndrome. She had gotten a strep infection from the surgery and was very seriously sick. They did emergency surgery on her Tuesday to remove as much of the infection as possible. Until today she was on a ventilator, they were keeping her sedated and had restrained her because she had tried to pull the vent out. I talked to one of the doctors I work for and she told me that what she had could very easily kill her. It scared me to death. My aunt is only 10 years older than me, there is 9 years between her and my Mom, and growing up she lived with us some. She has always been more like my sister than my aunt. So, Rusty and I went to see her last night. Her color was good but she looked so pitiful lying there. But today I am more hopeful so please keep her in your prayers, it is going to be a long road for her. Well, since the hospital is right next to Potomac Mills we of course had to make trip over there. We walked that whole mall and just did alot of window shopping. It was just Rusty and me which doesn't happen very often, so we had a night free of "don't run off, don't touch that, put that down, etc, etc, etc".
This morning we went over to a friend's house, Rusty is doing a little electric work for them in their basement. Also, they just moved back here, thank God I really missed her, and they brought their refrigerator with them so they didn't need the one in this house. They asked us if we wanted the one in their new house, YES. Our's is in good shape but it 's 10 almost 11 years old and it's got it's little problems. I am so excited about this, am I old or what I am excited about a refrigerator, anyway it's alot bigger than ours which is very exciting. You should have seen us getting, well trying, to get it in the house. It was just Rusty and me and it was quite the experience and not one I would like to experience again any time soon. But we did get it in and it is now sitting in the middle of the kitchen. It will be hooked up in the morning.
Blake has his first game today and had a great game. He hit 3 base hits, got 2 outs and just was really on top of it today. One of his hits quite possibly could have been a homerun but the little boy on the other team caught it and I am still not sure how he did it, it was an incredible catch. I will have to post pictures of another game, I was the dug out mom and between keeping the score, batting book, making sure each child was ready when it was their turn and trying to keep 10 8 and 9 year olds sitting down and behaving I didn't have time to take any pictures. After the game we had to run to Rusty's playground, Home Depot, and get stuff for the weed eater so he can do the lawn tomorrow. Ashleigh took Blake to the mall with her and then out to eat. They are now sitting on the floor playing checkers, I love to see them spending time together. I am exhausted, I don't know if I have the energy to make it to bed and it's only 10:30. Like I said I am old.
Good night.

3 comments:

Dy said...

Oh, my that is scary! I'll be keeping her in my prayers for a quick and thorough recovery. {{{hugs}}} But I hope you don't mind if I jump up on a tiny soapbox for a second, here. I do understand vanity and privacy, but if she could have brought herself not to try to go it alone, somebody would surely have said, "Hey, ya know when you have surgery, they kill off the good bacteria as well as the bad. You're pretty vulnerable to infection right now. Why don't you just go in? I'll even take you." Please insist to her that she not try to tough things out again. God gave us family to look out for each other, but it only works when we let them. {{{hugs}}

How FUN about Blake's game!!! I'm so stoked for him. Sounds like they played a good game. John had practice today. He's so funny. He regularly hits the back fence when he bats. But he runs sooooo slowly that he can only make it to third by the time somebody retrieves the ball! I told him today that he could just work on getting the ball *over* the fence and then he could just walk the bases. Thankfully, he knew I meant it to be funny, and he laughed, too. Then I could see him pacing it out in his head, "Hmmm, I wonder..." Kids are funny.

Enjoy that new fridge!!

Dy

Thom said...

I'm sorry about your aunt. I will say a prayer for her.

Yay, for the new fridge! I often wish I had a bit more freezer space for garden veggies and venison (not that I was exactly overwhelmed with venison this year, LOL!).

Jack will be having his first game next month and I can't wait!! I love seeing the little guys out there goin' for broke. Makes for great pics,too. I look forward to seeing Blake's pics!

Bridget said...

Thanks for the prayers everyone.
Dy, I completely agree, I do worry about her because she had a boob job last year, she has gotten permanent make up put on and now this. They say plastic surgery is like an addiction and it's not like she was big, she's not at all.
Thom, I know what you mean about the venison a little more would have been really nice. Enjoy Jack's game they are so much fun at this age.