Monday, April 23, 2007

My 8 year old the genius

Ok, well maybe he's not a genius but close, very close. He came home from school today very excited, he had gotten a 100 on his spelling test last week. Now that is not amazing, he is very good at spelling, he almost always gets a 100, but on this test he spelled tuberculosis correctly. I can't even spell that correctly. I had to look it up on www.webmd.com to get the spelling so I could put it in the blog. He won't have to take the spelling test this week as a reward. I think that is pretty awesome. So of course I had to take a picture, always looking for an excuse to take a picture.

Isn't he cute?! He was so proud of himself. Oh, and yes in the background is my new refrigerator and yes it is covered with magnets, I collect them and have been for a long time. I am so happy with the refrigerator, lucky for my husband it doesn't take much to make me happy. ha ha ah

And finally what you have all been waiting for, drum roll please, the test. I thought that was quite the hard word for a 3rd grader, but he pulled it off.

The weather is beautiful, the flowers ar blooming, my azeleas are blooming, the lilac right in from of our front door is in bloom and I am getting to enjoy the wonderful fragrance of the lilac, that has to be one of my favorites.
We decided to take advantage of the weather and grill hotdogs. We opened the grilled and surprise, guess what we found.


I can't have birds for neighbors in my grill. We use that grill. Alot. Thank God there weren't any eggs, I don't think I could have evicted eggs, but the grass and leaves are now gone. The birds were not happy with me, at all. After I went in the house they were walking on the deck railing back and forth looking at the house, looking at the grill. I am sure my car with be covered with bird poop in the morning.
Have a great evening.

2 comments:

Anniesue said...

That's spring cleaning I haven't experienced before. Funny!!!

Dy said...

LOL! I'm glad you didn't have eggs to deal with. Eeek, a full season w/o using the grill? Mmm, no. Not good.

WAY TO GO on the test, Kiddo!! That's awesome!

(And yes, I like the fridge. Working appliances... those are the things that make me smile when I walk into my kitchen.)

Dy