Friday, April 13, 2007

Easter, cont...

Coloring Easter eggs is a family affair with us.









Everyone got involved in coloring easter eggs, except Wayne he was spending the night with Uncle Steve enjoying an evening of video games, food, movies and just generally enjoying being together.

On Sunday my Mom, Pawpaw and I walked up to the beach for Sunrise Service. It started at 6:30 and it was incredible. I have never experienced something like that before. They did a recreation of the Last Supper. (at the bottom of my blog is a larger picture)

Each of the disciples spoke about their life, how Jesus had called them and how they died. It was the most moving, touching thing I have ever seen and with the sun coming up in the back ground it was totally awesome.

Before the sunrise.

And as the sun was peeking over the ocean. I have always loved going to sunrise service but that was so special. You could hear the ocean washing up on the sand, it was cold but I wouldn't have missed it for anything. Rusty wanted to go with us but he was sick the night before and I didn't want to wake him up, now I wish I had.


After we all went to regular services at my Pawpaw's church we headed to the state park for a family picnic. We did things a little different this year, we don't normally picnic on Easter but we packed our traditional easter food and had a great time. It was a little windy and chilly but being all together was definitely worth it.

You can't have a picnic without dill pickles.





Don't ask what they are laughing about, we probably don't want to know. When you put the 2 of them together it could be anything.

Like I said, it could be anything. My husband is one of the funniest people I have ever met. He has always been able to make me laugh. When Steven and I were growing up I always complained because no matter what he had done he could always make my mom laugh. They both have an incredible sense of humor. When I took this picture Rusty said "You are NOT going to put that on your blog." Take a look honey, here you are in all your glory.


















We came home on Monday and are missing everyone already. Mom and Dad will be here this weekend to work on their house here so they can get it on the market. I am looking forward to seeing them again this weekend.

3 comments:

Needleroozer said...

Hey Bridget,
Thanks for saying Hi. What a fun blog you have and what a beautiful family Easter! It looks like all y'all had a great time!
LB

melissa said...

Looks like a great time with the family! The pics of The Last Supper are so pretty, on the beach. Sounds wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I'm always amazed at what I don't know until I read your blog and WE ARE FAMILY! The pictures are great, I always enjoy checking in. Rusty must have loved the one of him and Steven, silly boys!
Love, Bevie