Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter

This could run kind of long so get a cup of coffee, a donut, sit back and be prepared to be amazed.
We had such a wonderful time with everyone. We celebrated Wayne's birthday, met Margie (Pawpaw's fiance), celebrated Easter, got to spend some much need family time and just had a great time. I had lots of pictures to share and lots to fill you in on.


I told you about Britt's donuts on the boardwalk at Carolina Beach, well here they are making our order. Don't they look good?! There is absolutely nothing like them, they literally melt in your mouth and because they melt they don't have calories and they don't count when you are on a diet. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. That way I don't feel bad for all the donuts I ate while I was there.

After they take them out of the low fat (ha ha ha) oil, they put them on this rack, cover them with glaze and let the glaze drip off. They then put them in a white paper bag and they are done. As you take donuts out of the bag, over and over again, the glaze gets on the bag and you end up with a sticky arm up to your elbow but it's worth it. Oh, is it ever worth it.



And the finished product. My mouth is watering just looking at the picture.


On Saturday night we celebrated Wayne's birthday, we all went out to dinner at Wilson's and enjoyed every minute of the good food, we are a family that enjoys food. They have all you can eat crab legs which is what alot of us where there to eat.





We had been there for a while when I took this picture. Crab legs are one of Rusty's favorite things to eat. One year we were in Tennessee and we went to a buffet with crab legs. We were there so long that they finally came out and said "No more crab legs, we don't have any more crab legs." I don't think we have ever shut down a restuarant before.



And here's the birthday boy. I can't believe he is 16. In a couple months I will have 2 children driving, God help me and my insurance rates.



Isn't that a beautiful cake? There is a bakery in Wilmington called Apple Annie's and they make the best cakes. We look for an excuse to have an Apple Annie cake. It had strawberry filling (Wayne's favorite) with real strawberries.



This is my Pawpaw, isn't he cute? He will be 82 in May and you would never know it. He is in perfect health and doesn't act 82 either. And this is Margie. She is really nice and I liked her alot. She's funny and just a very nice person to be around. I hope she realizes what a gem she is getting with my Pawpaw. He is one of a kind.







They had this guy going around the restaurant making balloon animals and just about anything you wanted. He made this for Blake and I was truely amazed. I've never seen a monkey climbing a tree for bananas made out of balloons.



And what about Ashleigh's flamingo? Wayne didn't get a balloon, he was too cool now that's he's 16.


My Mom and Dad. They have been married for 40 years. They gave my brother and me a great childhood, you couldn't have asked for a better one, and they have always been there for us. I have the best family.

I will be back tomorrow with more from the weekend and more pictures. I am headed to bed.
Good night.

No comments: