Monday, February 05, 2007

I'M BACK!!!

Whoo Hoo, I am finally back. I have tried to log onto blogger for so long and every time I would get an error telling me that the server was having a problem and a technician would be notified. I have just one question, "WHERE IN THE HELL HAS THE TECHNICIAN BEEN ALL THIS TIME?!" Deep breath, deep breath, ok, I'm better now.
What has been going on with us? I think my parents have finally decided that they are definitely going to sell their house here, while it is incredibly depressing for me because as long as they still owned it they were still here just kind of away visiting for a while, I really do understand why they are doing it. Steven is going to settlement on his new home tomorrow, we are all so excited for him. It has been a long road for him but he has made it and he really deserves it, now if we could only work on finding a girl. Opps, better get back on track, sorry Steven. The kids are doing great, baseball is getting ready to start up and Blake is really excited. Ashleigh will turn 18 this Friday, oh the horrors of that. Just kidding, I can't believe I have a child that is almost 18, Mom I finally know how you feel. Wayne is doing great in school and has completely healed from his surgery. We've gotten snow a couple times and that has been really nice. But, oh my gosh, it is so cold. It was 14 degrees here today. Rusty grows a beard in the winter, and today water froze on it in little ice crystals. Today, well today I was off from work which was great but there was to be no sleeping in for me. Rusty and I had taken off to go to Harrisburg, PA to the Great Outdoor Show. We have been a couple times and we really do have a good time, in a kind of redneck country kind of way. I go to look in campers, at boats and to see what kind of wild animals they bring this year. Rusty goes to look at anything and everything he can drag me to. At the last minute he decided he wanted to skip it this year and drive another 45 minutes to Cabela's. Now, if you've never been to Cabela's you really should go, it's not just about hunting, fishing and all that, it really is a pretty neat place to go. They have alot and I mean alot, of animals. Of course they aren't alive, except the fish, but they really are very interesting. Rusty is so funny and he has a way of making things funny that sometimes really shouldn't be funny but that is part of his charm. He also makes you laugh when he really didn't mean to make you laugh. As we came around the corner to Cabela's, we've never been before today, he looked at this huge store and just said "WOW". And it wasn't a loud kind of excited wow it was a very soft kind of reverant kind of wow. I started to laugh, he looked at me and said "I really didn't say that out loud, did I?" I just laughed. When we got inside he acted like a kid who needed ritalin but had run out. He didn't know where to go first or what to look at first. I just followed behind him and shook my head. We really did had a great time, we got to spend the day together, just the 2 of us and we don't get many days like that. I love my kids and we take them everywhere with us, but sometimes you just need that time with each other. We were gone all day and got home around 6:30 tonight.
Rusty is also a huge sports freak, it doesn't matter what kind of sports it is, he loves it. Well, with the exception of soccer, he's never been able to get into that. So of course with the Super Bowl yesterday, the tv has been set on ESPN since Friday. All sports, all day, all the time. He was all decked out in his Peyton Manning University of Tennessee jersey yesterday waiting for the game. He love UT, so he loves Peyton Manning, so of course we were cheering on the Colts. We had our Super Bowl food, hot wings, bacon wrapped smokies, taco dip, chipolte dip and chips and we were ready to go. I love the commercials during the Super Bowl. The Colts won so all in all it was a good night.
Now back to the old grind tomorrow and having to cook regular food. I will leave you with 2 pictures that I took the other night of Wayne and Blake. I love to read so this thrilled me when I walked into their room.






Good night.

4 comments:

Dy said...

Cool stencils!!

Have you been to the Smoky Mountain Knife place in TN? Zorak made us stop there when we came this way to check out AL. I could not believe he stopped the car while all three children were a-s-l-e-e-p and we could have had another hour of quiet driving. Figured he must really want to go in if he was willing to do that, kwim? Well, "wow", yeah. That was neat. Worth the grumpy kids and the lost drive time. Definitely worth it.

Stay warm!!
Dy

Bridget said...

I love the Smoky Mountain Knife Works. It is an experience all in it's own. People look at you like you're crazy when you say you like places like that but I guess I'm just a country farm girl at heart.

Thom said...

SMKW is a pretty neat place. I've purchased a few items from there, over the years.

Cabela's sounds awesome. It's great that you two could get away and enjoy some time together.

melissa said...

Great post! And yep, Cabelas is AWESOME! We actually almost lived within a few miles of a Cabellas in Michigan (one of the selling points of the house!) Loved the pictures, and great to hear that you and R. got away by yourselves for a bit!