Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Catching up

So what was on your menu for dinner tonight? I wasn't sure what we were having and then it came to me:


We were having cat soup. This is Lilly and it doesn't matter what it is, a box, bag, or my soup pot if she can get to it, she is in it. I keep this in the basement on a shelf and it was waiting at the top of the step to be carried back downstairs. She loves to hide in the case of water in the kitchen and jump out when you walk by or stick your hand in trying to get a bottle.
We've been pretty busy around here. Blake finally got to have his Valentine's party at school. I took the afternoon off from work and went to help out his party. They all had a great time and got way too much candy. One of the nice things was the teacher had asked for fruit and vegetables also. There were alot of kids eating that also. I'm not saying they weren't flying high on sugar but they were eating something else also. Blake took his teddy bear to give to Alexis and the whole time I was there I kept asking him "Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" He would just look at me and say "No! I will do it myself." When he came home I asked him if he gave it to her and he said yes but that she had given it back and said she didn't like it. Oh, you want to talk about a mad mom. I was hot, I was going out to track down this little spoiled 8 year old who had hurt my baby. She was so going down. I didn't let him know how much it upset me, I just kept telling him not to worry about it. Later on Wayne told me he thought that Blake had gotten scared and never tried to give it to her. I asked Blake about it and he finally confessed that he hadn't taken it to her because "I was too nervous." He was worried I would be mad at him. My baby is still a baby, thank you God. I told him I would never be mad at him because of something like that. So, Ashleigh is now the proud owner of a new very soft pink teddy bear.
We woke up Sunday to a winter wonderland. It was beautiful!! All in all we got 9 inches of snow and the kids had the time of their lives, even Ashleigh got out there and went sledding. Blake will stay outside until his hands turn black and fall off. Wayne helped him build a nice size snowman in the front yard.
Wayne ordered his class ring on Monday. ACCCKKKK. I don't know if I am ready to start getting another one ready to graduate. I haven't made it through Ashleigh yet. I thought she was going to have a meltdown last week. I single handedly was ruining her senior year. I really didn't know I had that kind of power, bwahahah. She wanted to go to Myrtle Beach for a week the week after graduation with a bunch of friends. No adults, don't you know they are adults, they are 18 now, no supervision and it would be boys and girls. Rusty and I talked about it, I talked about it with my Mom ( thanks Mom, she always has good advice) and we told her no. We didn't like the idea of any of that. She was so upset. Mom suggested she take a friend to their house. It's on the beach, there is alot to do and it's free. At first she didn't like the idea, that would be boring, but she called me the next day and asked if I thought they would let her take 3 friends with her. Mom said that would be fine, so now Ashleigh is happy again. My parents will be taking Ashleigh on a cruise in September for graduation to the Virgin Islands. She is definitely not deprived.
Wayne is wanting to go to Steven's for spring break. They are really close and Wayne is dying to get spend some time with him, he has really missed him since he moved. I've really missed him, I was so used to having him and my parents here, but no whining tonight. I got to spend all day with my parents on Saturday helping them pack and go through things. They ended up leaving Saturday night to go home though because of the threat of snow later that night. It was good that they left early but it did cut in on my time with them.
Well, I guess that's about enough from me for tonight, I have to go vote for American Idol. Yes, I am an American Idol junkie. Has anyone watched the show after it "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" ? I can tell you I might need to go back to school, those kids scare me.
Good night.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Very sweet story about Blake. And I think that it's really sweet that Wayne is close enough to Blake to know what was really up. Very nice.
Good call on the beach thing.

The cat picture is adorable! And I LOVE the name Lily!

Bridget said...

Wayne and Blake are really close and considering they are 8 years apart, I think that is really nice. I'm not saying that Blake doesn't get on Wayne's nerves but normally he is really patient with him, Blake is very lucky, he has a great big brother and big sister.