Friday, February 09, 2007

Happy 18th Birthday Ashleigh

Yes, today the very young me had a child turn 18. For those of you who don't know me, I am 38 (very young, verrrrrryyyyy young) so it's not like I was giving birth at 15 or anything like that. The time has just gone so fast. The only thing she asked from us for her birthday was for us to pay her deposit on a new cell phone. She has had a phone on our plan for a long time but she lost that privilege about a year ago, so every once in a while we would let her take one of ours with her when she is out. Well, then we had that slight issue with text mesages, does anyone know how many messages you have to send and recieve to get a bill for $268.00 for messages alone? Just a little clue, they are $.10 a piece, anyway now that she is 18 she can get her own plan but because she doesn't have any credit she had to put down a deposit. So, we did that for her and she was thrilled. It doesn't seen like much of a present to me but that's what she wanted. She asked my parents for a cd player for her Jeep, so they bought it at Circuit City in Wilmington, along with installation and she will take the order number to our Circuit City and it will all be done here. How cool is that. She asked Steven for new speakers for her Jeep and he did the same thing, it will all be installed tomorrow. Horray for Circuit City, they made it so easy. Rusty has sent her flowers for her birthday a couple times before, they are from him only, that is his special thing to do for her. Today he took them to school, and he had gotten her 9 pink (her favorite color) and 9 white. She loved that. She has had a really nice birthday and it will continue until tomorrow, she will be shopping with her Granny for her birthday and next Saturday we will be having her party. We are very proud of her and we love her so much. Happy Birthday Ashleigh, you are an incredible young woman.

3 comments:

Thom said...

Sounds like she's getting lots of great stuff for her birthday. And I think it's really sweet that Rusty gets flowers for her. Hope she has a fun day shopping with Granny!!

Happy 18th Ashleigh!!!:0)

Bridget said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dy said...

Wow. 18. The years go by so fast.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

(BTW, for my 18th b-day, my Mom and Dad opened a checking/savings account for me. Minimal deposit to open, but it was SUCH a thrill to open the package and see a checkbook w/ the signature card there, waiting for me to sign and take into "my" branch. I will never forget feeling so accepted as an adult as I did that day.)