Thursday, February 15, 2007

Back to Work

Well, we still have a lot of ice but Rusty and I did make it to work today. He went in early so he could take me and not worry about me. It was really nice, with 3 kids we don't get many times when it's just the 2 of us. To have each other's undivided attention was a real treat. School has once again been canceled for tomorrow. The kids are enjoying the break but Blake is a little upset. My little romeo has a Valentine for his girlfriend, Alexis,
and he is dying to give it to her. Isn't it cute? That purple wall behind the bear, yes that is in our house, actually it's in the bedroom. When I picked that color, Rusty said only a married man could have that color in his house, especially the bedroom. I like it.



I met Rusty my junior year of high school in Spanish class and the first thing he ever bought me was a beautiful white teddy bear with a pink ribbon around it's neck. I still have it. Rusty really is a romantic at heart, he loves to tell people that he can remember exactly what I was wearing the first time he saw me. I had just transferred to from a very small Christian School to a very large public high school. Talk about a culture shock. I was scared to death. I walked into that class and the teacher told me to find an empty seat. Rusty stood up and said "There's a seat right here in front of me". The rest is history. Our senior year he brought me a single red rose everyday and sent me a dozen long stem red roses every month. His friends used to give him a hard time about it but he never cared. Here was this big football player waiting every morning for me with that rose. He was such an sweetie and he still is. So, I'm pretty sure my youngest had inherited this romantic heart from his Dad. I just hope this little girl appreciates him. They are both 8 and if she breaks his little heart I might just have to have a talk with her. ha ha ha Blake asked me yesterday if Daddy had asked me to be his Valentine yet. I told him I was always Daddy's Valentine and Blake informed me that because it was Valentine's Day Daddy had to ask me.
My family is very excitedly awaiting the arrival of a new member of the family. Tomorrow we will be getting Tivo. You would think we were adopting a baby or something. Actually, I think the kids wouldn't be this excited about a baby. They keep talking about what they want to record. I'm excited because I can record Lost and not sit up so late.
My Mom and Dad were supposed to come up this way this weekend and we were going to help them pack and go through things at the house but they are calling for possible snow Saturday and Sunday so I'm not sure if they will be here or not. I hope they will be able to make it but the mountain they have to cross could be dangerous and considering all the ice from this week it may not be safe this weekend. Maybe next weekend.
Have a great night!

3 comments:

Dy said...

Oh, that is SO sweet! I love Zorak, and wouldn't trade him for anything, but my proposal consisted of him turning to me and saying, "So, when are we gettin' married?" With the emphasis on "when", not "married" - more like we'd already set the date and he'd forgotten - yeah, that tone. It's a good thing I'm easy to please, eh?

Happy Valentine's Day!
Dy

Jenni said...

What a sweet story! I keep hearing about more and more people who are happily married to their highschool sweethearts. I love it! When Danny and I got married 17 years ago, I know people whispered about how the statistics were against us. Now people say how rare marriages like ours are. I don't think they really know what they're talking about.
I'm glad you left a comment on my blog and gave me something else to read this morning:o)

Bridget said...

Hi Jenni, welcome to my blog, it's great to have a new friend to keep up with.