Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Who Knew....

I did not know that you could buy frozen vegetables that are specifically for stew. Did you? Well, now tell the truth, did you really? We've tried a couple new recipes around here this week and they have turned out wonderful. Like I've said before, we love to eat around here. Monday we had Parmesan pork chops, they were incredible. Tonight we had chicken stew. It was really good and so easy and simple. It called for a bag (in our family you use 3 bags and triple the recipe) of frozen vegetables for stew. I had never heard of that before, but off to the grocery store Wayne and I went to search these out. Well, guess what? We found them, I didn't even know they existed. How very cool is that? So we had chicken, frozen vegetables for stew, a little dried thryme, some rubbed sage and wala, chicken stew.
We are finally starting to thaw out. It's about time. The snow was beautiful but the ice we could have done without. Last Wednesday I told Blake that he could not go outside Thursday because the ice was dangerous and it was going to be too cold. When I got home he was outside, in his snowsuit, but no hat. As cold as it was and the child is outside with no hat. I wanted to strangle him. I got out of the car and told him to get his butt in the house and that I couldn't believe he was out there after being told he had to stay in and he wan't wearing a hat. He looked at me and started crying. I said "What are you crying about?" He said he had fallen and hit his head before I got home. I am normally a very sympathetic person, but this was obviously a play to make me forget about the fact that he wasn't supposed to be out there at all. I told him to go in the house and we would put some ice on it, then he looked at me like I was crazy. The next thing out of his mouth was "Ice, I fell on the ice, ice isn't going to help. You don't even care that I got hurt." I told him he wouldn't have gotten hurt if he'd stayed in the house like I told him to. Like I said I am a very sympathetic person but I also know that this little 8 year old can be very good at changing the subject to keep himself out of trouble. My brother was like that when we were growing up, God help me.
I am headed to bed, good night and God Bless.

3 comments:

melissa said...

LOL! at Blake. The word "danger" is not in an 8 yr old boy's vocabulary! Jack is still wearing his Keen's (sanadals) outside. No, I'm not kidding. If he has a COAT on, I figure we're doing good. Low standards, I guess, LOL! Although the kid hasn't been to the doc. in 2 years, so maybe we're on to something!!
All this wind we're getting should help you guys dry out a bit up there!

Thom said...

Someone just informed me about those wonderful frozen veggie packs the other day. Very handy!!

Emily said...

That is a funny story about Blake!!

I have never heard of the veggie packs for stew, very interesting!