Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday

Well, Monday is Monday. Back to the old grind and all that. We are supposed to be getting snow and ice starting after midnight tonight. The snow I can handle, the ice, well that's another story. The kids are geared up to stay home tomorrow, I hope they aren't disappointed. I have been playing around over at myheritage.com. Have you been there? They have a place where you can upload your picture, it scans it and then it tells you what celebrity you look like. That has been so much fun. I think we have done everyone we have a picture of. It said I look like Nicky Hilton, do you see it? Come on now, admit it, no me neither. I'd like to have her money, but I really don't think I would like the life she leads.
Rusty is watching 24, you would think it is real life, he is so addicted to that show. We have to have complete silence in the house while it's on. He keeps looking over here at me, I think I must be typing too loud. Actually, he's watching it in between running to the sliding glass doors to see if it's snowing yet. He really is worse than the kids about snow.
My Uncle Larry, my Dad's oldest brother passed away this past week. He had gone in for surgery, he needed 4 bypasses I think they said, and he chose to have the surgery. It was one of those rock and a hard place kind of decisions. He did not do well afterwards, he had a heart attack and passed away. My Dad flew to Tennessee for the service. Why is it that we only make time to visit family when there has been a tragedy? We did go down to see them right after they had moved back from California, but that was 4 years ago. It really is sad, but it seems that's the way it is for most families unless they live close. I guess we all get busy and we assume that we will have time but reality has a way of slapping us in the face and making us realize that people aren't going to be around forever. I really learned that will my Mawmaw this past summer. She had been such a huge part of my life, all my life, that I just assumed she would always be there and now she's not. I miss her every day and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her and wish I had just picked up the phone a little more and called her. She used to email me everyday, whether it was a forward or an actual letter. I have over 700 emails from her on my computer at work alone. I am going to save them on a disc, they are something I don't want to lose and I could never get back. If you have someone in your life, I think everyone does, that you love dearly and you don't take that extra time to just pick up the phone, don't put it off. It doesn't take long and it will mean alot to you in the long run and to them also. Take it from me, I wish I could have one more day to spend with her, even if it was just talking to her on the phone. Sorry, I didn't mean for this to be so sad, I guess it just kind of happened.
Good night.

No comments: