Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Weekend

Friday Rusty called me all excited wanting to know if I would go to the gun show in Chantilly with him at the Capital Expo Center. I was so excited, I couldn't wait, I was all tingly all over, NOT! I did go because he does things he doesn't want to for me, I can't think of any at the moment but I'm sure he has. I think I was one of 4 women in the whole place. It was like Toys R Us for men. I did enjoy giving him a hard time about all of it and I wanted to punch some idiot who talked to Rusty like he was stupid. My husband's not a gun expert or anything like that but he does know what he is talking about. After we left there we did go to Kohl's and I spent part of the gift cards I had received for Christmas and then we went to Chili's for dinner. We got a gift card for Chili's from my nephew and his wife so it was basically a free night. On Saturday we met the other members of the Little League football board and had dinner. It was a thank you to the board members for all the time they put in all year long. It was at Coleman's at Bryce Resort. Rusty and I had never been there so it was nice to try someplace new. It was a very nice restuarant and we had a good time with everyone. Sunday Rusty and Blake went to visit Rusty's mom, Ashleigh had to work and Wayne and I stayed home. We went to the dump, grocery shopped and then came home and watched a movie. It was really nice to just be able to relax and not have to do anything. I get so crazy during the holidays that I don't feel like I get to slow down for the whole month of December. But then came Monday. Oh, Monday. Rusty and I started back to the gym and went back on our diet. I didn't try to push it too much, it has been since June of last year that I have been in the gym. When my Mawmaw was doing really bad and I was trying to get down there as much as possible the gym just wasn't important. Then she passed away and I didn't care about the gym. Then the holidays came and well you know how that is. So, I am now back on track, hopefully. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers that I will stick with this.
I am headed to bed, good night and have a great day!

1 comment:

Thom said...

Gun shows certainly are an interesting little slice of Americana, eh? LOL!

Two dinners out, shopping and time spent with friends---sounds like a really nice weekend, all around.

Good for you, for getting back to the gym. I definitely have some holiday pounds to shed, myself.So when you're sweating through that extra set of reps, remember that you're not the only one waging a battle against the bulge!! You're not alone in your suffering, lol!! Keep up the good work, girl!!;0)