Friday, January 26, 2007

ARGGGHHHH

I have tried for the last 3 nights to blog and for some reason can not get logged on at home. So what's a person to do? Blog at work. This will be short but I wanted to wish my brother Happy Birthday, his birthday was on the 23rd and my little brother is 36. Hey, Steven you're 36, your 36, kind of getting old, don't you think? ha ha ha He is going to closing on the 6th (I think) of February, what an awesome birthday present. He has found a really nice house on 2 1/2 acres. We are so happy for him. He has settled into his new job, made new friends and genuinely seems really happy. If we could just find him a girl, that would be the icing on the cake. I want him to find a nice girl, have a family and for God's sake give me a niece or nephew. I have nephews and a niece on Rusty's side but I don't have any on my side and I would really like to, so come on Steven get a move on it. My Pawpaw is doing good and he is going on a "date" today. She's a lady from his church. They are going to lunch. He talked to my Mom about it and wanted to know how she felt about it. She told him she was fine with it. He needs some companionship, you know family is great but sometimes it's nice to have friends to do something with also. It is really strange to think about him having lunch with someone other than my Mawmaw but I am happy for him and hope he has a great time. I love him and if it makes him happy than I'm happy.
Wayne is recovering wonderfully, he went back to school on Wednesday.
Ashleigh is looking forward to this second semester and getting to student teach again at the elementary school. She will be with the same class as last semester. She really loves it and she is going to make an excellent teacher. She is taking a psychology class this semester and she said last night it was really going to be hard. They don't turn in papers, everything is emailed to the teacher. This will be a challenge but I know she will do great.
Blake is all signed up for another season of baseball. He was disappointed that he will not be moving up to live pitch and will have to do another season of pitching machine but his birthday isn't until July 26 and he would have to be 9 before the season starts to move up. I think he could use this extra year, but alot of his friends are moving up so he was upset. He will always be younger than most because of his birthday being so late.
Well, I better get back to work. I will try to log on tonight, I have to tell you about one of Wayne's teachers.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

melissa said...

Glad that you blogged! I think that's great about your Pappaw. And seriously....can you imagine how wierd that will be for HIM? It is so awesome that your folks are down there for him.
Happy Birthday Steven! Don't fall and break a hip. (Kidding, LOL)

Dy said...

No pressure, there, Steven! Happy Birthday wishes, with a little guilt on the side. :-) Too funny. That's what baby brothers are for, though. I hope this is a fantastic year for him.

That is so sweet for your Pappaw. I hope he has a lovely time. Zorak's granny called all of her children one weekend several years back. She had been asked to the chili supper down at the community center, and wanted to know how they felt if she went courtin'. Of course, all of her children said, "Go for it!" But we just thought it was wonderful, and so indicative of a level of respect that went both ways. That's where Love lives, in the spaces between events, in the things that bring us to new paths and adventures. {{hugs}}

Dy