Sunday, January 14, 2007

Infirmary update...

Well, I knew that we have had some sickness here that we just couldn't kick. Poor Wayne had been sick off and on for the last 2 months, diarrhea (he would love that I am telling people that), throwing up, fever and just generally not feeling well. He would feel bad and then the next day he would be better. This past Friday he called me at work and said he was really feeling bad and his stomach was really hurting. Ashleigh was already bringing Blake to the office for a follow up on his pneumonia so I told Wayne to come also. I thought he had a urinary tract infection but when the doctor ran a culture she said his urine was a mess and she was sending him for a CT scan. Come to find out he had appendicitis. I couldn't believe it! The CT was done at 1:45 and by 3:45 they had him in surgery. He stayed one night and is home recuperating. He seems to be doing good and I have taken the next 2 days off to stay home with him. He will miss this whole week of school and I can tell you he is just all broke up about that.
I've spent the biggest part of today doing laundry and listing things for sale on ebay. I don't sell things all the time, but every once in a while we go through the closet and clean it out. I've got so much stuff I could sell and I've made really good money in the past I really should list more, but it really is time consuming.
I am headed to bed and to check the dryer for the last time tonight. Good night and have a great day!

5 comments:

Thom said...

Oh my goodness!Pneumonia and now appendicitis??!! That's just incredible. Thank the Lord that everybody is on the mend. You guys hang in there!

melissa said...

WOW! Poor Wayne!! Hope that he is feeling much better very soon!

melissa said...

I just read your comment on my blog. I didn't even think about how close we were to you guys!! We may be up that way quite a bit in the coming months, so I will be sure to let you know! BTW, I was catching up on posts, and I wanted to say "Good Job!" (pat, pat) on getting back to the gym. I have been trying to get back into my regular routine as well. The lifting, I love......the cardio...not so much!

Bridget said...

I like the lifting also, but really do not like the cardio. Rusty keeps telling me that the cardio is so important and that is how you lose the weight. We'll see.

melissa said...

Sad. But true. And the combo of weights and cardio(+nutrition) is the absolute fastest way to shed pounds, because muscle mass also burns more fat! So keep it up, your results will spur you on! But I KWYM, my treadmill just does NOT look very inviting right now.....but neither does that bulge that is begining to grow around my middle! LOL!