Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday

October has been such an incredibly busy month. Of course we have Blake's football games and the other 3 teams that Rusty coaches. Then we have the Redskin's games, but we really don't have to mention them, it's bad just really bad. It was so bad last Sunday that when they made their last touchdown Rusty didn't cheer, he didn't clap, he didn't say one word. It really was kind of pitiful, to look at anyway, so I just chose to look the other way and pretend he wasn't there.

Ashleigh had her homecoming last weekend. Her school lost their football game (of course we were there) and that was sad, you're not supposed to lose on homecoming. But she had a great time at the dance Saturday night. She went with a really good friend of her's, Justin. They went to dinner and then the dance. Let me tell you, we had the worst time getting her dress. First she found her dress while she was out with one of her friends, but she didn't have any money with her. So, when she had the money all they had was a size 3 and an xs. Neither one of those will work so she starts looking on the internet and finds it online at a prom site. I pay extra to get it here faster, they email me 2 days later (it was supposed to be here within 3 days) and tell me they don't have her size in stock but they have 1 size up. We decided to take it and deal with any alterations that may be needed. Of course I have to pay another $15.00 to get it here overnight. They email me the next morning to let me know that "Oh, they are so sorry but they are out of that size also." I wanted to scream. It was Thursday and the dance was Saturday. Ashleigh was supposed to get out of school at 1:00 on Friday so I took off half a day to take her dress shopping. In the middle of all of this I bought a parking pass on ebay for the Redskins game and I am trying to figure out how to pick that up. On Friday Ashleigh, her friend Mara and I went to Alexandria to pick up the pass and then to Potomac Mills to Group USA to search for the perfect dress. When we walked into the store, there hung her exact dress, they only had one and it was her size. Was that incredible or what? I thought she was going to cry in the middle of the store. So, what do you think, was it worth it?

CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, CRAP, I tried to post the pictures and blogger is having a problem. Of course.

Blake and I baked cupcakes and cookies tonight to take to his Oktoberfest at school on Saturday. I have pictures of that also but just. not. happening. right. now.

Well, I better take the last batch of cookies out of the oven and I am headed to bed. Have a great day tomorrow.
Bridget

2 comments:

melissa said...

Wow! Amazing dress story! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Thom said...

Yay, you got the dress!!! Yes, I would say it was definitely worth it!!
I remember the Group USA store--I believe I bought a gown for the USMC ball there, one year. Man,I miss those balls!!

I'll keep checking back for the Prom and Oktoberfest pics. :0)