Friday, August 26, 2005

Football is back

Well, another season of The Redskins, lets all hope they do better this year than last year. We were at the game last week (lets not talk about that one) and here on another Friday, in the middle of rush hour traffic we will begin our trek once again up the beltway. God give me strength. You would think, when they make these schedules, they would take into consideration the fact that they are scheduling games on Fridays and people have to leave their homes at 1:00 in the afternoon for an 8:00 game because you have to get their early for all the tailgating in the parking lot. Last week it was just the 2 of us, this week there will be 8 of us. One of Rusty's friends from work is following us up there and they had an extra ticket so I am taking one of my friends that I work with. We are having ribs, hotdogs, hamburgers, chips and I'm not sure what else they are bringing. I told Rusty it looked like we were having a party for 25 people in our kitchen last night, but he never does anything little. I am leaving work at noon today so that is a plus.
There was a horrible fire out our way last night. There is a recycling place right down the road from us that makes mulch and I don't know if it was the pallets they use or the actual building but the flames were a couple hundred feet in the air. It was really kind of spooky. You know you live in a small town when your 16 year old wants to go with her friends down to watch the fire. So yes, the little red neck daughter I have hopped into a car and ran down there to watch. She said there was alot of people down there just watching. Life in a small town, I guess. I did take some pictures of it from our deck, it was around 10:30 last night so I should have some interesting pictures in the dark. I just said a prayer that none of the firefighters got hurt and thanked God that it wasn't someone home.
The kids are getting geared back up for school. They go back to school on the 6th and I was so thankful they were home until then, both Blake and Wayne have had strep throat all week. I am very blessed all of my kids are very healthy and don't get sick very often. Blake kept saying he had a sore in his throat. Thank God for pennicillian everyone is on the mend and back to their old selves.
I can't believe that September is almost here but that just brings me a little closer to April and the cruise. The countdown is on and I can't wait.
Have a great day!!
Bridget

2 comments:

Thom said...

I totally get that small town thing. There's a set of dumpsters a few miles from my house and every Sunday evening you can drive by and see the locals congregating and sifting and conversing and laughing and drinking beer.
"Sunday Night at the Dump"--sounds like a white trash sitcom, eh?(no pun intended!!) Cracks me up!

melissa said...

That is funny about the small town thing. I love it! Y'all enjoy football like we enjoy baseball! Too Fun!