Thursday, September 01, 2005

Confessions

Ok, I confess I have an addiction. I am completely and totally addicted to video games. I've always loved them and I also confess my children have all but maybe 2 of the video systems out as of this date. Waste of money I know, but I just can't help myself. I sat up until 11:30 Tuesday night playing Mario Golf with Blake. I had played it before with my brother but we just got it over the weekend and I am on a mission to beat the tournaments and open new courses. This addiction started a long time ago and sorry Melissa but I do have to name you as one of the people in my past who contributed to my problem. Ms. Pac Man is still my favorite game and I don't know how much money I spent playing that game at Austin Farms Restuarant. Wonderful memories of childhood. (laugh) I guess some of us never grow up in certain areas.
Well, now that I've gotten that off my chest, Steven and I went to the Shenandoah County Fair last night. My mom is the branch manager for Bank of America and they have a booth set up there so Steven called and wanted to know if I wanted to go with him and see her. I don't get many nights by myself like that, Blake and Rusty were at football practice, Wayne is with his Grandma in Sterling and Ashleigh has spent alot of time there already and decided to stay home. It was very nice, we petted all the animals, ate fair food and watched people. You know you are in a red neck county fair when the rules on the bumper cars read "1. No bumping (they are bumper cars what else are you supposed to do on them?) 2. No smoking. No smoking?! On a ride? Who would be smoking on the bumper cars? But you know they wouldn't have it posted if it hadn't been a problem. Sometimes you just have to wonder.
Today we go to meet Blake's teacher, he's really excited about that. Why do they do these things in the middle of the day? Not everyone is able to take off from work. I'm lucky that I work for wonderful people who really don't care as long as your job is done, but there are alot of factories around here where it almost takes an act of God to take time from work.
We need to all pray for the poor people in LA, FL, Al, and MS. My heart breaks everytime I see the pictures and hear the stories on the news. It's hard to comprehend what they are going through. My mom and dad were taking Ashleigh to New Orleans for a week in October and they had rented an apartment in the French Quarter, well that trip has been canceled. They are now looking at other options, Ashleigh told my Dad she wanted to go to New York City and he vetoed that idea real fast. He told her he wasn't stepping foot there, she's been dying to get there for some reason. Mom said last night that he was talking about going to the grand canyon possibly. I want to go on that trip.
My nephew's wife is pregnant and due in March and we are all really looking forward to that. We haven't had a baby in the family since Blake and he's 7. It's going to be fun to buy baby things again.
Not much else going on here, we are starting to work on the bedroom now and what a job that is going to be. Please pray we don't kill each other.
Have a great day!!
Bridget

2 comments:

Thom said...

Glad to see you back in blogworld!

When I went to the batting cages with Mel's kids last week I just HAD to play a game of "Galaga"--those old Austin Farms video games have a way of hooking you!LOL!

Good luck and Godspeed with the bedroom project(don't spill any paint!!). :0)

melissa said...

Yes, yes, good luck with those bedrooms. And I LOL about the old Austin Farms Ms. Pac Man. Those table top versions were totally cutting edge. ANd wouldn't you just LOVE to see all the games that M&D have at their skating rink! It continues through the generations!