Sunday, August 05, 2007

4th of July Update and our nice quiet Sunday

Let the party begin!!!
Rusty cooked for about 3 hours, but he wouldn't have it any other way. Cooking the food is his "thing" for the party.



This in my nephew, Michael, and his little boy Mason. Isn't Mason just the cutest?! He is such a sweet little boy. He was eating hamburger, some vegetables and beans until Sherry, one of my other nephews girlfriend, brought a brownie to the table. That was all she wrote. He wasn't having any part of any "food" he wanted chocolate and he wanted her's. He's cute, he got it and she got another one.

Mason's Papaw, my brother in law, sings in the band and Mason loves music. He stood in front of the band and just danced and danced.


Until he stopped to get a kiss from his Papaw. He really loves his Papaw.



My mother in law's house always looks so good. She takes off the week before the party to prepare. She cooks and decorates all week. It really is a sight to see. We had well over 100 people there this year.




Debbie, Rusty's cousin, caught me taking a picture of her and decided to return the favor. Everyone brings their own chairs or blankets and just spread out on the yard to enjoy the food and music. We also have volleyball, horse shoes and fireworks.


Jacob, one of my nephews, and his girlfriend Sherry. They celebrated 5 years together this year. They started dating in high school. Sherry graduated from UVA this year and Jacob will graduate from Mary Washington next year. 5 years ago Jacob spent the summer with us and worked with Rusty. He really liked Sherry but they had been friends for so long he was worried about asking her out. He is such a sweet kid, not a kid anymore, and I was worried about him getting hurt. Finally, he asked her out and she said yes and the rest is history. O their anniversary this year he called me and left me the sweetest, most loving message reminding me that they started dating while he was here (he went home on weekends) and how I had encouraged him to ask her out. I love that kid, we had such a great time with him that summer. He plays the guitar and he would sit out on the back deck playing to me. He was also just fun to sit around and talk to. Jacob if you read this I really did have a great time with you.


Ashleigh and Maddie. She is Ashleigh's cousin. She has a sister named Morgan and they fight over Blake and who's boyfriend he is. I don't have the heart to remind her that they are cousins. But they aren't first cousins so it's not really illegal, right? right?


Me, and my 2 sister's in law, Bev and Debbie.

Me and my honey. Isn't he cute?


Rusty and his cousin April. She is pregnant and due in October. I can't wait, they found out she's having a girl. She is so excited.

Bev and Jacob, her youngest, dancing the night away.

Gary, my brother in law, winding down as the night gets later.

Bobby, my oldest brother in law, man you should hear him play. Rusty whole family is musically talented. Their Dad had a bluegrass band and they played on the Ted Mack Variety Hour in New York. His uncle has bluegrass albums and his cousin just put out a bluegrass CD.

My nephew, R.J. He plays with this band and he has another band. His other band has played in clubs in New York and I think they play down in Richmond also. His other band plays a different kind of music than this one with his Dad. Southern Excess plays country and R.J.'s other band is more a hard rock.

Rusty in his 4th of July cooking outfit. Again, isn't he cute?

*************************************************************************************
TODAY

We had one of those rare days when there really wasn't anything planned. For us this is few and far between. I had to meet Wayne this evening, he's been at his Dad's for the last week. He was supposed to come home this past Wednesday but he called and wanted to stay longer, his Dad had given him a car and it needed a couple things done before he could bring it home. It's a '95 Dodge Neon. It needs a paint job but it doesn't look bad at all. It has sat in the sun and has faded some. Wayne's Grandpa used to have a body shop and he told Wayne he would paint his car for him in the near future. We got up this morning, kind of laid around not doing alot of anything. Rusty asked me if I wanted to go over to the flea market, so we threw our clothes on and headed there. I love the flea market and yard sales. The flea market can be better, it's like 1000 yard sales and I never have to move the car. I found a great Home and Garden cookbook, I collect cookbooks and I lost count a long time ago, from the 1950's. I paid $1.50 for it, great deal, huh? It's hardback and the pages are on a spiral. I was very excited about my find. We then took a ride out through Upperville and went by Rusty's Mom's house. We spent a couple hours visiting with her, she fed us lunch, and then I met up with Wayne. It was one of those days wiht no plans and we just take off with no schedule. I love those kind of days.

1 comment:

Rebel said...

That is SOME party! I can't believe they have that shindig every year. What neat in-laws. Oh, I love bluegrass music, was Rusty's dad in a group I would know?

I'm seeing a trend in your posts. Both sides of the family like to get together for food and fun. That's cool.