Thursday, May 31, 2007

Countdown

The countdown is on. In 8 days Ashleigh will graduate from high school. I know I've said it before but I really can't believe it. It doesn't seem real. She was just a little girl not even in school yesterday, well it seems like yesterday. I will post pictures later, after my camera decides to come out of hiding. I'm not sure where it is, I know it's in the house but I can't seem to put my hands on it.
I feel like I keep saying this but "we have been so busy". We spent this past weekend down at Mom and Dad's helping them get the house, yard, etc ready to put on the market. It makes me sad for them to sell it but some things can't be helped. I was so sore on Monday, I didn't think I would be able to move. At all. I was sore in places I didn't know I had muscles. Dad gave me a bunch of flowers so after working down there so hard we had to go back out into the heat on Monday and plant them here at the house so they didn't die. I love flowers, I love to work in my yard but at that point I was really wondering why I wanted all those flowers. They really didn't seem that important anymore but I knew that Dad would ask if we had planted them and actually it was my Mom who asked. Wayne and I planted the rest of them tonight while Rusty was at a board meeting for football. Likely excuse, I'm not quite sure there was a meeting maybe he was just tired of planting flowers.

May 18-20 was Mayfest for our little town. We really had a great time, well I had a great time, Blake had a great time, Rusty on the other hand that's another story. The midget football league had a booth set up selling drinks. They also had a dunking booth that they put the coaches in. That was hilarious, to us watching it was hilarious, to the coaches taking turns getting in it, it might not be that funny. The kids loved it and they got to dunk their coaches and get back at them a little for all the hard practices. Rusty was soaked and was all the other coaches who were brave enough to do it. They filled the tank up from a fire truck (it was a really big dunking tank) and Rusty said he had smelled stagnant water that smelled better. It took him 2 days to get the taste of it out of his mouth. I'm very sympathetic, every time he hit the water I laughed. It's for the kids you know.

It's been very busy around here but it's been a really good kind of busy.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Mayfest sounds like a blast!! And yes, your sympathy is just pouring through! LOL!!

Congrats Ashleigh!!

melissa said...

NO WAY! you're going to have a highschool graduate??? But...but.. you're SO YOUNG! LOL! Congratulations Ashleigh!

Glad that you got those flowers in the ground. Hard work, but the pay off is tremendous later.
Tell your M&D hello for me.