Monday, May 07, 2007

Prom and the weekend

It finally arrived, Ashleigh's senior prom. It was a night of excitement, good food and her first ride in a limo. A friend of ours has a daughter, Meagan that is friend's with Ashleigh, they have known each other around 10 years and when they were little her Dad would bring her over and we would trick or treat together. Her Dad's girlfriend cooked dinner for 15 high school students before they went to prom. I thought that was incredible. The kids were picked up at the Country Club where the prom was being held and taken to her house to eat, get dressed and just have a great time. We met them at the house for pictures and to see everyone getting ready. I do not have the words to describe this house, it was amazing. There was a spiral staircase when you walked in the front door, a stone balcony on the back that overlooked the inground pool and the most incredible antiques. I would have liked to have walked through the house just taking pictures. I love antiques. When we got there the kids were just finishing eating. She had the table set with beautiful china and crystal and she really made the kids feel special. The girls went upstairs to get ready and the guys got dressed downstairs, of course the guys were dressed and standing around way before the girls even thought about being ready. Meagan's Dad also rented a limo for the night for them. They really had a great time!
The morning of prom, she really didn't want me to take her picture but I won.
The back of Ashleigh's hair, they put yellow and orange feathers in it to match her dress.
The theme of the prom was "A Starlit Voyage", which was kind of ironic because she is going on a cruise in September.

They were able to reserve tables for prom with their friends. The parents were invited to come by the prom 2 hours before it started to take pictures. When Rusty and I got there we had the whole place to ourselves.

They really did a cute job decorating.















This is Eric, Ashleigh's date. They have been friends since middle school. Originally, Ashleigh was going with someone else and Eric was dating Jamie, Ashleigh's friend in the yellow dress. Jamie and Eric broke up and the boy that Ashleigh was going with told her he didn't want to get to prom until late. Ashleigh told him she didn't want to get there late and broke that date, so Ashleigh and Eric decided to go together. Thank God she didn't go with the first boy, and my Mom says that everything happens for a reason, the first date came to prom drunk and got kicked out.










The limo was beautiful inside, and so was Ashleigh.











Thank you to Lowell, Meagan's dad, for the limo and dinner, and thank you to Winchester limo for having such a nice driver.

And away they went. They really had a great time and now next weekend we get to do it all over again with another boy at another school. God help me.

8 comments:

melissa said...

Oh how fun!! They all look so excited and happy. I can only imagine all the chatter and laughing while they were getting ready in that room!! But I want to know what the songs were. I mean what was THE song played at prop this year? The one that got everybody up and happy and dancin'. Ashleigh looked awesome!

Rebel said...

What a beautiful daughter you have. Her dress is gorgeous too!

Rebel said...

I forgot to mention that I just found your blog via a comment you left at mine. Now I just have to read the archives...

Bridget said...

Thank you for the nice comments, Ashleigh says thank you also. Melissa, she said there wasn't really one specific song but "Jump On It" got everybody out there dancing. Jump On It? I'm really not sure I want to know about that song.
Rebel, welcome to our happy blog. It's always nice to meet someone new.

Emily said...

AWW!! Ashleigh looks so great! I LOVE all of the colorful dresses. What a fun night!!

Anniesue said...

It looks like a great time! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Dy said...

OH, the pictures are great!! LOL about the song. I don't think I'd ask. ;-)

I'm glad she went to prom with a Nice Young Man. Much better than That Other Guy. Life has enough hurdles w/o folks lobbing them into our paths.

Thanks for sharing a peek into the evening. The kids did a fantastic job decorating, and I love the theme!
Dy

Anonymous said...

Yes, pictures are great, you had great prom and I was impresses by limousine. It's so amazing, you’re the luckiest person in this world if you have got a chance to taste the ultimate luxurious voyage in such a limousine.