Tuesday, May 01, 2007

DA NA, DA NA, DA NA

My Mom sent these to me and I thought you might enjoy seeing them. My cousin's fiance, his father and uncle were fishing on Craig's (the fiance) boat down in NewPort News on the Oregon Inlet and caught some interesting fish.





The Dad, Uncle and a 60 pound marlin. I actually think it's kind of a pretty fish.





And then they caught JAWS. Actually, it was a Mako Shark, but he looks like Jaws to me. Do you remember that movie? Craig said he wasn't a big shark, but he looks big to me. They pulled him to the side of the boat to take pictures and then turned him loose. I was glad they let him go, I'm not really into running into a shark but I hate for someone to kill something for the sake of killing it.



I thought you would enjoy a side view also.
Oh, by the way the title of the blog is sang to the tune of the Jaw's theme.

Well, have a great day!!

4 comments:

melissa said...

AWESOME pictures!!!!!!

Dy said...

Wow. You know, he doesn't have to qualify as "big for a shark" to be able to command my awe and a healthy dose of fearful respect, kwim? Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them w/ us.
Dy

Emily said...

WOW!! That shark is big enough to make me walk on water to get away from it! And you are right, it does look like Jaws :)
Great pics!

Anniesue said...

Those pictures are just amazing!!! I am awestruck.

I also loved the pictures of your azaleas...I just wish they lasted longer.