Monday, May 14, 2007

Prom...take 2

This weekend had to be one of the busiest weekend of my life. I didn't think we would eve slow down or get to sit down. Saturday morning Rusty and I had to run to Lowe's to get roofing nails and some shingles, we had lost some of our shingles during the last storm and my Dad was coming to help Rusty replace them. With Rusty's knee replacement he has a hard time standing on uneven ground and the roof is definitely uneven. I was paying him with homemade pizza, it sounded like a fair trade to me. Blake had been invited to a birthday party that evening and it was a pinewood derby car party. Blake and Rusty build the car and the paint was drying while we were gone. (We were given the car on Wednesday evening and Saturday was the first time they had to work on it.) We got home from Lowe's and had to be at Blake's ball game at 1:00. They won 10-6, Blake has a batting average of 11 for 14, he is really doing good this year. Anyway the game was over at 3:00, we raced home to put wheels on the car, get Blake in the tub and be at the party by 5:00. Ashleigh had her second prom that night so Andrew came by and picked her up for dinner (they don't get dressed until after dinner, that kind of takes the fun out of it I think but that's the way they do things now) and Ashleigh was supposed to call me when they were on their way back to the house to get dressed. I wanted to be there to take pictures. She called me around 6:15, so Rusty ran me home and then went back to the party. Mom and Dad got to the house while they were getting dressed. I took pictures and they left. Then Rusty and Blake got home.


Ashleigh with her Grandpa, my Dad. My children are very lucky to have very close relationships with their Grandparents.

This is Andrew, Ashleigh went with him to his prom. He got is vest and tie orange and yellow to match her dress. I thought that was really sweet. He is one of her best friends.

Ashleigh and Andrew. Yes, that is the same dress as expensive as it was I told her I was going to make her wear it around the house on the weekends. It is definitely going on the cruise this September.


Their chariot awaits.



He is very much the gentleman.









At the prom.





At the after prom party that was held at the school.






And at the party after the after prom party.







MOTHER'S DAY
Then on Mother's Day we went to my mother-in-laws and I was so thankful my Mom and Dad were up from North Carolina and I got to spend Mother's Day with my Mom also.



This is 6 of my Mother-in-laws grandchildren, she has 8 and 1 great grandson.

Everyone just sitting around enjoying the weather and each other. On Mother's Day Rusty and his 2 brothers do all the cooking and cleaning up. It is really nice.




Rusty doing what he loves best.
Ashleigh and Rusty's oldest brother Bobby looking for the fish in the fish pond.

Ashleigh, Bobby, my mother-in-law Ethel and my sister in law Bev. She is married to the middle brother Gary. I'm married to the baby.

And now on to my Mom and Dad's.

Ashleigh and Mom. Rusty and Dad are in the background doing what they love, rocking on the porch.

Wayne also loves the rocking chairs.

blake looking for fish in their creek. He found a couple snails and was very excited. Mom and I walked down there, Mom was barefoot. She said she didn't want to go in the grass that was a little higher because we might run into a snake. I assured her there were no snakes and she believed me. Big mistake. As we were standing there watching the fish eat the bugs on the top of the water, she screamed and jumped back. A snake went right across the top of her foot. It was a little garder snake about 9 or 10 inches long. I think she scared it more than it scared her. It jumped from the grass into the water. I thought I was going to fall in laughing at her. Thank God she's not really scared of them, it just startled her. Blake and I tried to find the snake in the water but we couldn't find it. He really wanted to see it.



This is the view from my parent's front yard, I love that red barn.
It was a very busy weekend but a wonderful weekend. Hope you had a great Mother's Day.

5 comments:

Rebel said...

Ashleigh looked gorgeous! (again) Gosh, she had a lot of parties that night. I've never heard of an after-after-party.

Your weekend wore me out just reading about it. The place you were at Mother's Day is beautiful. I love that porch full of rockers.

Emily said...

Don't you just love those busy weekends? Yes, they wear us out but they are always the ones that give us the most memories!

melissa said...

Great post! You really DID have alot going on, but it looks so fun. Ashleigh looks awesome, and she looks like she's a lot of fun! And I LOVE seeing the pictures of your family. Tell your Mom and DAn and Steven "hello" for me! They all look great!

Thom said...

What a busy weekend!!

Ashleigh looked beautiful for both her proms. It looks like she has a really fun group of friends,too.Good memories!!

A nice, realxing Mother's Day with family. And the men do all the cooking and cleaning--now that IS relaxing,lol!

Needleroozer said...

Wow! Lots of pics of a beautiful girl! You had a busy weekend! Happy belated mother's day to you!
LB