Friday, January 27, 2006

Date Night

Rusty and I had a deal that once a month we would go out, just the 2 of us, to dinner and a movie. We call it date night. We get to talk about adult things (as much "adult" as you can get with my husband who is like a 5 year old in an adult body) and just spend time together. Over the last few months we had gotten away from that with all the chaos in our family and with the holidays it just wasn't happening. Today he called me at work and asked me out on a date. He said we needed to get back our together time. So we raced home from work to get an early start. Wayne had gone to my parents and Ashleigh was going to watch Blake. Now, with us it's always a major decision where to go to eat. That's a very important decision. We finally decided on Glory Days Grill, we've never been there and we like to try out new places on date night. We got there and there wasn't a parking spot to be had. We drove around and around and still nothing. So, we decided to go to old faithful, Chili's. It was wonderful, as usual. Rusty is really boring about his food, he's not into trying anything new. So as usual, he ordered a steak. I had fajitas. We were going to go to the movies, but there isn't anything playing that we could go to without feeling guilty because the kids want to see the same movies. So we went window shopping, bought a couple things because what good is window shopping if you don't buy at least one thing. We did make a stop at the Books A Million to pick up a couple books, Linens and Things (Rusty is into anything that is a kitchen gadget, so it is very dangerous to take him in there, he is always finding one more "As Seen On TV" item that he just has to have), bought some baby things for my nephew's wife's baby shower on Sunday and Rusty found a new Under Armour shirt at T.J. Maxx. He loves that material and wears it all the time. If you can find them at T.J. Maxx you can get them for $20.00 verses the $50.00 they normally cost, so I consider that a good deal. We had a good time just being together. When we got home Ashleigh was watching The Princess Diaries. I love that movie.
We are making our trip to Waldorf, MD. tomorrow to pick up the dining room chairs I bought off e-bay. I can't wait to get them.
I'm glad this week is over, the last 2 weeks have been horrible at work and I am hoping next week will start out better. I guess it has to, it couldn't get much worse.
Have a great night.
Bridget

2 comments:

melissa said...

Sounds like the start of a great weekend!

Thom said...

"Dating" your spouse is a very sweet idea. Sounds like you guys had a nice time together.

Hope the trip to MD went off alright and you have your nice new chairs all set up in your dining room! :0)