Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Kids rooms

Rusty has started the long tedious ordeal of painting Ashleigh's room. This is quite the undertaking as Ashleigh has had probably thousands of posters, pictures and other things taped, thumb tacked and stuck to the wall by any means possible. We made her take all of that down but we had to get a huge bucket of mud to cover the walls with. Rusty said he came across glow in the dark stickers that spelled out her name and the name of one of her friends. You couldn't see them until you touched the wall in that spot. I just stood there, laughed at him and ducked as he threw things at me. She wants the room painted pink on the top half of the wall, orange on the bottom and chair rail painted yellow in the middle. It is going to be very colorful but I guess it could be worse. I did get a new digital camera for Christmas (I love it, it's wonderful) but our computer has a problem and it won't load the pictures. We are looking into a new computer in the next couple weeks so hopefully I will be able to post some pictures of the progress or at least the end result.
I work in an extremely busy 6 doctor pediatrician office. Please, if you have little children who have just gotten shots and are crying, please, please pick them up, hug them and love them. I walked by an exam room the other day and I could hear the baby crying in there. I glanced in as I walked by (I always look it, I love the little babies) and the baby was lying on the exam table with the mom standing by just looking at the baby. She was just standing there staring at the baby. I wanted to go in, push her aside and pick that baby up. It was a 2 month old who had just gotten shots for the first time. How a parent could stand there and watch a little baby just cry is beyond me. But I don't understand alot of the things some of the parents in our office do to their children. People are really mean to children and the way they yell at them and talk to them is unbelievable. I really just don't get it.
I need prayers for a friend of mine at work. Her granddaughter is in the hospital, she has asthma really bad, and she needs all the prayers she can get. She has a really bad home life also.
Well, I am headed to bed, have a great evening.
Bridget

No comments: