Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Prayers please

Please pray for my Grandmother, she is 75 and she is going to be having surgery in about 2 weeks at Duke University. She had heart surgery last year and they also removed an aneurysm (I'm not sure if that is spelled right but hopefully you will get the idea). She now has 2 more of them in her back and they have grown alot, so much that the Doctor said he wants them gone. Basically, she is in great health but this is really scary for our family. I am very lucky at 37 to still have 3 grandparents. Rusty reminds me of that all them time by the time he was 24 he had lost all of his grandparents and his father. I have been very blessed and my children have been also to have been able to grow up with great-grandparents who are just awesome. No one tells a story like my Pawpaw, he will be 81 in May and he has to be the smartest person I have ever met. He can answer any question you give him about the Bible and he always has time for us, just to talk or just spend time together. My kids love being with them.
There's not alot going on around here, everyone is in bed and I am waiting up for Ashleigh to get home from work. We had bacon, mushroom burgers with french fries for dinner. It's kind of boring but everyone loves it and I can get Blake to eat it.
We picked up our chairs on Saturday and they are great. They are solid oak and show a little wear but nothing other than normal wear. They look great in the dining room. I love eBay. My Dad went and picked up their new dining room in York, PA and it is absolutely beautiful. Another wonderful eBay find. My Mom told me last night she was looking at either a new living room set or a new pair of shoes. My Dad was in the background voting for the shoes. I told her that was because he wouldn't have to go and pick up the shoes. My Mom and her shoes is a big family joke, my Mom could rival Imelda Marcos for shoes and my husband runs a close second. They both obsess about them. Rusty has shoes for every occasion and multiples of them. We give him a hard time about it all the time.
Blake and I are starting to read The Chronicles of Narnia. I read the series probably 100 times when I was a kid, so now I am going to share them with him. Ashleigh likes to read but Blake is my reader out of the 3 of them.
Ashleigh will be home soon so I am getting ready to head to bed. Have a great night!
Bridget

1 comment:

melissa said...

Great post! I will definitely be keeping your grandmother in my prayers. That IS awesome that your children get to reap the benefits of having those wonderful grandparents around. It's also wonderful that you guys realize it.
Congrats on the Ebay finds! We love Ebay too! Emily actually has a really great Ebay business, and does really well with it.
BRAVO! for reading Narnia with blake! That is so awesome! I know he is going to love it, and what a special time for the two of you. I'll bet he will always remember stuff like that.