Friday, February 24, 2006

Computer down

My computer is on the blitz again so I won't be posting everyday, (Like I'm an everyday blogger anyway) but I do try. My brother is out of town this weekend so he will hopefully work on it next week. I need to break down and get a new one but with only 56 days left until we leave for the cruise I really don't want to spend the money. So, hopefully I can get a band aid slapped on it once again and make it last a little longer.
There hasn't been a whole lot going on here, which can be very nice. Ashleigh is still loving her job and I'm not sure if it's the job, the money, or all the guys she is getting to meet. I'm not so sure I like the job that much, the phone does not stop ringing. It is nice that she is making some new friends instead of only having the same ones that she has known since she was 7. Wayne has decided he doesn't want to play baseball this year. I'm not sure why and it does break my heart. He is really good and I love to watch the games. But I told him I didn't want him to play just because I wanted him to, he had to want it also. Blake is playing and Rusty is coaching again. They both love it. Their first practice is tomorrow and I think they are going to freeze.
I was reading on Melissa's blog about her neighber and the my space incident. We have been through all the "teen" websites with Ashleigh and I don't think they are anything but trouble. Ashleigh is not allowed to have AOL instant messenger either. That is a huge problem. She had some of her "friends" go on under her name and cause a lot of problems. Not that I'm saying she couldn't have done it herself but this time when it happened she was with me and I know she wasn't on the computer. She does have a blog on my space but she knows that at any time I will check her friend list (she can only have people on it that I know) and I will read her blog. Kids do not realize that there are some really bad people out there that go onto these sites and hunt kids down. Teenagers know everything and parents were born this age not knowing anything.
Well, there isn't a lot going on here which can really be nice, but I will try to check in and blog from work some. sshhh, don't tell
Have a great day!!!
Bridget

1 comment:

melissa said...

I was feeling sorry for you about the computer, until I read about the cruise!! I am so envious! Good for you for keeping tabs on your teen. The parents really are out of the loop on this stuff!