Sunday, February 12, 2006

Birthday, sick child and SNOW!!

Ashleigh turned 17 on the 9th, I can't believe I have a child that is 17. 16 didn't sound quite that horrible but 17 really makes me feel kind of old. Kind of old, but not real old. She took her test for behind the wheel on her birthday and passed with flying colors so on March 28 she will be able to make that trip to DMV and get her license. AGGGHHHH. I don't know if I am ready for that, but ready or not here she comes.
We got up yesterday to snow. I love to watch it snow. It was falling pretty heavy but not accumulating to much until around 11. Then it really got going good. By this morning we had 12 inches. Blake couldn't wait to get outside. Two of his friends came by and they were outside for a long time running from one yard to the next. Thank God for water proof boots and clothes. Today they were right back at it again until Rusty decided to give me a little break and take Blake to his Mom's for the afternoon.
I was woke up at 2:30 this morning to a little person standing by the bed saying "Mom, Mom please don't be mad, I pooped in my bed." Anyone else ever been woke up like that? It was a new one on me, I can tell you that. I jumped out of bed, "What do you mean you pooped in your bed?" I don't think I believed what I was hearing. He said he woke up and didn't feel real good, his stomach hurt. He starting to get out of bed and then he lost all control. Those weren't his exact words but that is what he meant. He tried to run to the bathroom but wasn't having a whole lot of luck so needless to say I not only had a very dirty kid to toss into the tub and a bed to strip and clean, I also had floor from the bedroom to the bathroom to scrub. This definitely makes me rethink the idea of carpet, hardwood floors would have been so much easier to clean. He kept saying he was sorry and I kept saying I wasn't mad, he couldn't help what had happened. So after all the cleaning and scrubbing of the child I tucked him into bed on the couch and finished up the rest of the mess. In all I was up about 2 hours. This morning Rusty said "I slept through the whole thing, how did I sleep through all that?" Well, those of you who don't know my husband, a bomb could go off in the house and he would sleep through the whole thing. By this morning, Blake was feeling better and ready to head back outside. Kids are so much more resilant than adults.
Well, I am headed out the door, those of you who got snow enjoy it, it sure is beautiful here in the Shenandoah Valley, our deck has this incredible view of the mountains, and those who didn't, sorry about your bad luck.
Have a great day!!!
Bridget

1 comment:

Thom said...

Aw, poor Blake! (and poor you!). Glad to hear he's feeling better!!