Friday, September 05, 2008

Party, party, party

Last Saturday we went to help Rusty's middle brother, Gary and his wife, Bev celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. Let me give you a little background on them. Bev is 12 years older than Gary, when they met Gary was still in high school and Bev was divorced with 2 children. To say his family was not excited about this is an understatement. In fact when Bev told our other sister in law, Debbie, that Gary had proposed (he was out of school at this time lol) and that he was at that same time telling their oldest brother about the proposal she was not happy, I mean really not happy. I think her exact words were "Oh my God, we have to get to them, Bobby is going to kill him." But Gary knew what he wanted and no one was going to stand in his way. He was 23 and she was almost 35 when they got married. He also married her 2 children, Kelly 11 and Michael 7. When they got married he knew they would not have any children of their own and he was ok with that. When Debbie got pregnant Bev saw how excited Gary was but she wasn't sure she wanted to have another child. They were sitting in church one Sunday morning and she had really been struggling with this, she prayed sitting there in the pew that God would give her a sign that she and Gary were meant to have a child together. After she finished praying, silently to herself, the lady sitting in front of her turned around and handed her a paper saying "I think you may need this". On the front was a daddy sitting in a chair holding a baby and above that it said "Let God's love into your home". She just started crying, there was her sign. She decided if Gary wanted, they were having a baby. And so they did.



I guess you can figure he's on the left with his cummerbund(I swear that's spelled right I looked it up on dictionary.com because it didn't look right to me either) on his head. I love that kid. Well, he's not a kid anymore and he's been taller than me since birth, I think. Bev was pregnant with Jacob when I started dating Rusty. Kelly is their oldest and a graduate of UVA, Michael is a graduate of GMU, married with a 2 year old and Jacob is a student at Mary Washington College.


Jacob and Sherry, they met in high school and have been together every since.



Michael, Misty and Mason. Michael has a beautiful family.


My baby wearing his Daddy's cowboy hat. It was a very fancy, dress up party but Rusty still wore his cowboy hat and cowboy boots. I have to say I like it, I like it alot.





I know, I know I look naked. I swear it was not that kind of party ha ha, my dress was halter style, it is black and I loved it. You know how sometimes you find that one dress that you would wear everyday if you could, well this is it. I love this dress.



Wait, don't call the police or social services on us, it was apple cider. They didn't have real champagne because they wanted the kids to be able to participate in the toast. Blake, Rusty and Jacob were supposed to be filling everyone's glasses.



Bev and her sister Linda dancing and enjoying the band.




Gary and Bev cutting their cake. The cake topper is the same one they used on their original wedding cake. They didn't plan it but Gary and Rusty both wore cowboy hats, it's a Gibson thing.



Rusty and Bev dancing and enjoying the music.

Blake and Mason. Blake just loves Mason, every time we are together Blake heads right for Mason.

Mason helping out with the band. The little boy on the left is the grandson of another band member.












We had a great time, great food and great music. During the renewing of the vows each one of their kids said something also. They all had wonderful things to say about their parents, Kelly and Michael refer to Gary as their Dad and they think of him as their Dad and for all rights he is their Dad. He raised them, loved them and was really the only Dad they've had. Kelly said it"Thank you for marrying our Mom, loving us and being our Dad". How much more can one person ask for after 25 years when everyone said it will never last. Happy Anniversary Gary and Bev, we love you!


The following picture is for Melissa, yes I have one of these also. I'm on the left, my friend Vicki is in the middle and Beth is on the right. Gotta love it.


4 comments:

Rebel said...

If I did my math right, then Bev SO does not look her age!

Bridget said...

She definitely does not look her age, she will be 60 in October. She also doesn't act her age, she can shop me under the table any day of the week. I will be ready to pack it in and go home and she is still going strong.

Anniesue said...

I agree with Rebel...she looks amazing!!! What a beautiful story with beautiful pictures to go along with it!!!

The one of you is priceless!

melissa said...

BWAHAHAHA!! That last one really caught me off guard! TOO Funny! Thanks for posting it!