Saturday, September 20, 2008

25-0

Rusty's team did it again!! The junior white strasburg team beat Mt. Jackson 25-0. We are now 3-0, way to go team. I don't have any pictures from the game, uh well uh, someone forgot the camera. Ok, ok that would be me, sorry. I just can't remember everything at 7:00 in the morning. Our game wasn't until 12:00 but we got there early to watch one of the other teams Rusty helps coach and then the other junior team. Out of 4 games today we only lost one, so all in all it was a good day. The senior team (6th and 7th graders) had a time, the other team was punching our players, trash talking and just being bad sports in general. They had 6 or 7 personal fouls called on them. The last play of the game one of their players tackled my friend's son and then proceeded to punch him over and over in the ribs. After the game over half of their players wouldn't shake hands with our coaches. Our teams play clean and our coaches don't put up with any of that mess and see who wins in the end. Good sportsmanship is very important to our coaches, we want to win, but the coaches want these kids to walk away and take something with them. I think they are doing an excellent job and our kids and coaches should be very proud of themselves. Once again, WAY TO GO RAMS!!!

3 comments:

Anniesue said...

That's great! I know you are so proud!

I would love to see your pictures! The 80s really were the best!

Adrienne said...

Thanks for the "love" on my blog.

I have been guilty of forgetting the camera OR forgetting to take important pictures at an event multiple times! For example, a group shot of me, my mom, mother-in-law, hubby, and baby Luke all together on Mother's Day this year. I got plenty of Luke sitting in the high chair at the restaurant, with coasters on his head, playing with my Mother's Day balloon, etc. But nope, none of the moms. Sheesh. I think sometimes it's a subconscious tactic since I'm so behind on scrapbooking. Less pictures, less to scrapbook, the less I am behind. Get it? :o) Oh, I'm pathetic...

Liz Harrell said...

Congrats to Rusty! That's great!