Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Uh Oh part 2



First off I do not have any idea what is going on with my computer at home. I can log into my blog, I can comment, I can read them but if I want to post, no go. When you are creating a new post you have the icons at the top that change the font, check spelling, attach pictures, etc well they are gone on mine. It won't let me preview or anything. I thought it was something I had done but I can do this on my computer here at work without any problem, so I don't know. The new computer should be ready soon, so yea!!!!


The Uh Oh from the previous post that never happened was about Blake. We had our first real accident with blood. We have been really lucky, no broken bones, stitches etc. so it was bound to eventually happen. He was playing across the street with his best friend. They were playing hide and seek, the front porch was base and Blake was headed to it. Shane was behind him, chasing him, and when he tagged him he pushed forward and Blake fell into the porch, lips first.




I love it, I tell him to just stand there and let me take the picture and this is what I got. The goofy 8 year old grin. Oh, well.

A little close up picture of the injury. Shane went running into his house yelling for his Mom. They took Blake in and cleaned him up and then called me to let me know what had happened. We thought he might need stitches at first for the cut on the inner part of his lip, but the more I looked at it I don't think they could really have done anything so we put ice on it, neosporin and he's doing great. Other than that things have been pretty quiet around here.
Blake and Rusty have had 2 baseball practices and things are going good with that. A friend of Rusty's coaches his daughter's softball team and he asked Rusty if he would mind helping him out with that, so Rusty will be doing softball and baseball. We have very busy springs and falls around our house but we like it that way.
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Dy said...

Awww. Poor guy. Those lip gashes hurt like the dickens. I'm glad he's healing up well. (And glad to know your entire county hasn't been on fire the last week - or any of the other things that my awful imagination had conjured up~)

Dy

Anniesue said...

Thanks for the picture of your brave man! Hope he heals fast!

Emily said...

Awww! Poor, Blake!

And WOW are you guys lucky!! Our Walker had broken his nose TWICE and sprained an ankle before his 3rd birthday!! He is our *ahem* "active" one :)

Hope Blake is all patched up!