Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Little Girl

You know it is going to happen, you think you are prepared but BAM all of a sudden it's here. You receive your baby's senior pictures. Where did the time go, when did this happen? You think you have all the time in the world and one day you realize that time is flying by and your children are growing up. I know in my mind that she's a senior, we paid enough for the pictures and all of the "senior" things that she thinks she needs, but when you get those pictures it moves from your mind to your heart. It seems like yesterday that she was a baby and I can't remember what it was like without her. She has always been with me. We have been through some bad times (my Mom promised they would get better and they did) and we have had some great times. My Dad has been telling me for years to enjoy them being children because they grow up way too fast, and you know what? He was so right. I have a couple of pictures (you know me I love to post pictures) of her.















It's a little blurry, the real one is much clearer, but she is about 6 months old.














She was about 3 here, I loved this outfit, it was so cute. She now hates it.
















The big picture is her 1st grade picture and the little one is her first day of 1st grade.
















Ashleigh was 12, Wayne was 10 and Blake was 3.
















This is one of the pictures we received in the mail today. I loved the flowers.




This is her kindergarten picture and her formal senior picture.
It didn't take any time to get from the left picture to the right picture. Enjoy your children, love your children and don't assume you have all the time in the world. Believe me it goes alot faster than you could ever imagine. She now wants to go to college and become a teacher. She is student teaching at the elementary school and loving every minute of it.
Congratulations Ashleigh, we love you and are so very proud of you.

3 comments:

melissa said...

How beautiful! And how exciting. Thanks for the reminder, and thanks for the pictures....just adorable.

Emily said...

WOW! Very beautiful! I can see a lot of you in her :)

Thom said...

That was a great post! It's so neat to see all of the changes through the years.She's grown up into a lovely young woman!