Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Voting

I was reading on Melissa's blog about her voting station and it sounds alot like ours. It's held at our Town Hall and there's 2 little old ladies checking you in, very official and all that. We have 4 voting stations (still done by coloring the circle in on the paper) and 1 electonic voting station. People were standing in live to vote by paper instead of having to use the new electonic voting, I love living in a small town. I was there at 6 am when they opened and I was the 19th person to vote. They also have the kids voting station. I love that, they get voter registration cards at school and then they get to vote on a computer at the voting station. I was a little upset this year with Blake's teacher. When she was telling them to make sure they went and voted she also thought she should tell them who they should vote for. Wait a minute, she's not supposed to be influencing the kids on who to vote for, just that it's very important to get out and vote. I will be sending an email to the principal about this, especially since she was pushing the wrong candidate, as far as we are concerned anyway.
Steven came and took me to lunch today at Red, Hot and Blue. We had such a good time. Steven applied with the Sheriff's Department in New Hanover County and they called him today. It looks like he will be moving to North Carolina along with my parents. It's going to be really lonely without my parents or him here. I talk to them everyday. I had gotten used to them not being here, but they moved here a couple years ago and now I don't know what I am going to do without them.
Wayne has been busy making deer jerky and he can't keep up with everyone eating it. He makes wonderful deer jerky. His friends at school beg him to bring it with him and then offer to buy it from him.
Ashleigh and I went to the Redskins-Cowboy game on Sunday and had a blast. Ashleigh had never really been very interested in going to the football games but this year she decided she wanted to go and she wanted to go see my favorite game. Rusty was supposed to take her but they rescheduled the midget football games for Sunday, I thought he was going to cry. He doesn't miss many Redskins games for anything, but he is very committed to coaching the kids so I took Ashleigh. Ashleigh loves sports and as she pointed out she has been to every kind of professional sports event except the WNBA. That is next on her list. It was the most exciting game I have ever seen. We had so much fun.
I am off to chase Blake to bed. He has to read every night before he goes to bed and then he begs for more time. Wednesday night is Lost night, I have to make sure everything is done so I can sit down and enjoy that without thinking about what I need to get done.
Good night.
Bridget

1 comment:

melissa said...

I can't tell you how pissed I'd be about the school thing!!! Unbelievable. And I had not heard about the kid ballot. Perhaps the schools could try teaching them about history and freddoms and whatnot, first, kwim?

Sounds like everyone has had a lot of good stuff going on!

I know that you will miss your family, after having them all close for so long. How many hours drive is that from you?

Tell Wayne to send some of that jerky our way!! LOL!