Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Updates

Well, it's really happening, my parents and my brother are really moving to North Carolina. When my Mawmaw was sick I told my Mom that I would completely understand, if something bad was to happen, if they moved down with my Pawpaw. I truly feel that we will get to keep him longer with them there. But now that it is really happening, I'm not feeling so nice about them being gone. I don't want to sound selfish but I don't know what I will do with them gone from here. I talk to my Mom and my brother everyday, and I can still do that, but it just won't be the same. Steven is in Wilmington all this week, he got his job there and he starts on my birthday. I am really happy for him and he will be able to buy a house there, but I am going to really miss him. I don't want to sound whiney (I don't think I spelled that right) but I had kind of gotten used to them not being here and then about 5 years ago they all moved here to be closer to us, so I got used to having them here. Now I have to get used to not having them all over again. I am feeling very sorry for myself, can you tell?
My Dad and Pawpaw were up 2 weekends ago and we went down there for dinner and just to hang out. I miss seeing my Dad, sorry whining again. I took some pictures while we were there so you are going to be treated to my wonderful photography.












My Mom in her dining room. Don't you just love the witty comments that go with my pictures?

















Ashleigh, Blake, Aspen (my Mom's dog, on the left) and Abby(our dog) outside at Mom's house.











This one doesn't really need any explanation, just my kids doing what they do best, being silly.


























This is Mill Creek, it runs right through the front on my parents yard. It's beautiful, except when it rains alot. Then it floods and we've seen it up to the steps at the front porch.













Ashleigh and her Grandpa. All of my kids are really close to my parents but Ashleigh especially. I guess it's because when Rusty and I were divorced (many years ago) Ashleigh and I lived with them. She was the first grandchild and the only girl. She has a very special relationship with my parents. My Dad taught her to drive, the brave man that he is. Ashleigh is staying with my Mom this week while my brother is gone.











My Pawpaw trying on Steven's halloween costume. Isn't he cute?
Well, now that I have whined and posted my pictures I guess I better go check my laundry and tuck Wayne and Blake in for the night. Good night.
Bridget

3 comments:

melissa said...

AWESOME post! I loved the pics! Everyone looks so great! It's O.K.to whine once in awhile, especially about missing loved ones..(Ummmmmm..have you read MY blog?) (Snort!)

And...where DO those kids of yours get that silly streak???

Bridget said...

I have tried to figure out how they got so silly, but I.just.don't.know.

melissa said...

HA! HA! I'll bet I can guess!! BTW, I re-read my comment,and it didn't sound right. I meant "have you read my blog?"...because it's almost nothing BUT whining!!!