Monday, December 25, 2006

Welcome to our home



My talking snowman greets you as you come up the stairs and welcomes you into our kitchen.


Please step into our kitchen and enjoy some Christmas cookies.


Mom bought me the cutting board last year and I leave it out year round.



This is hanging on the wall in the dining room. I love the string of lights, they are made of wood. Mom and I found these in a Christmas shop a couple years ago. The stocking hanging to the right was bought for me when I was a baby by my great grandmother and I can tell you they are the only pair of hot pants I have ever own. I still have every stocking I have ever had.


The kids want to know where they are supposed to sit, I told them the floor looked pretty comfortable, and don't sit on the pillows.











I collect snowmen, gingerbreadmen and Christmas pillows.



This is our Christmas tree, it's not fancy but I wouldn't trade it for anything. All of the ornaments on it had alot of sentimental meaning. I have things the kids have made me in school, pictures of them in ornaments, old ornaments from when Rusty and I were first married and ornaments that have been gifts over the years. One of our family traditions is to give each one of the kids a new ornament every year. We have Bob the builder, basketballs, baseballs, footballs, Ashleigh has an ornament that was given to her by Rusty's dad, who passed away in 1994, whatever the kids have been interested at the time, we have an ornament for it. One day when they grow up and have a tree of their own I will pass their ornaments to them and they will have them to start their trees. And yes, my angel is leaning a little to the left, Wayne said she was looking down the hall and watching over us, so he didn't want me to straighten her up.

This hangs by our front door, Rusty's Aunt painted this for us about 2 years ago. It is painted on slate and I love it.


As you leave our home, you can see that we are waiting for Santa to visit. Now we can flip the green sign to let everyone know that yes we have been very good this year and Santa has been here..

















3 comments:

melissa said...

Your home looks so lovely and welcoming. I love it.
Did you get my email? I hope that I had the right address.

Emily said...

WOW!! Now THAT is a Christmas house! I am inspired. Maybe I will go hit the after Christmas sales tomorrow and see what I can pick up for next year. It's beautiful!

Bridget said...

Thank you for the nice comments about the house. This has been a hard year for me and I wasn't really in the Christmas mood but the kids made me decorate and I am happy they did.