Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Cooking

I have to say my husband is incredible. He is one of the best cooks. He cooks almost every night for our lunch the next day. A lot of times he will grill chicken and make us salads, but last night he took boneless, skinless chicken breasts and simmered them on the stove in his secret sauce with mushrooms. It was to die for. I'm always telling him he should open a restaurant. The only problem is his secret sauce is never the same from one day to the next. I've gotten to where I don't ask him what's in it, you really don't want to know. I know the one thing he was looking for last night was the Louisiana Hot Sauce. It was hot, I can tell you that.
I was so happy when I came home today, they were finally here putting the new siding on our house. We had wind damage (it tore the siding off one side of the house) and it has been this incredible nightmare. Our homeowners is paying to replace the whole house (which has been a blessing) but to get anyone out here has been horrible. It is what people call a "small job" and no one wants to do that. We finally found this incredible guy and he came right out the same day I called him, he gave us an estimate and promised they would start the following Monday. He told us he would take money off the estimate because Rusty told him we would take the siding off ourselves. So last weekend Rusty, my Dad and Rusty's brother took all the siding off. Well, the following Monday was last Monday and it rained all day. Then Tuesday it rained all day, then it was the day before Thanksgiving and of course no one works on that day, they hunt. So my house has sat naked since last weekend. This Monday it poured, yesterday it was like a hurricane and today finally it was nice and they got so much of it done. I wanted to hug and kiss all of them. I did refrain though, I'm not sure they could speak alot of english. My house has now gone from tan with green shutters to yellow with green shutters. It's like getting a new house but without all the packing.
Well, I am going to go watch Lost, I am totally and helplessly addicted to that show.
Have a great night.
Bridget

1 comment:

Thom said...

YAY! New siding! My little place had new sididng put on last November and WOW what a difference it makes.

Yeh, you'd best exercise care huggin and kissin the non-English speakers; they might just misconstrue, LOL!!!