Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I LOVE THIS MOVIE

When Rusty came home this evening I was in the kitchen whipping up a culinary cuisine that would make Emeril weep. Ok, it was egg and sausage sandwiches but I just didn't feel like cooking and everyone here likes egg sandwiches for dinner so it was a win win situation. Anyway, Rusty came in the kitchen and said "What's wrong?". "I was, sniff sniff, watching Mr. Holland's Opus snifffff". His response was "Oh dear God". I'm sorry, I just can't help it, I love that movie. I don't know how many times I've seen it but if it's on I'm watching it. It's such a great movie with such an incredible message. He spent his whole life thinking he was a failure, he had never accomplished his heart's dream but in reality he had done something even more important. He affected the life of every child he taught and made a difference. He touched them and made them want to learn and push to obtain their goals. Teachers have a way of doing that if they truly understand why they are in that classroom. We were so incredibly blessed with such teacher when Ashleigh was in middle school. She was absolutely amazing and brought history completely to life for her students. At the end of the school year she organized a living history museum at the school. Each student was a different person from history and when you walked up to them they came to life and told about the person they were portraying. The kids loved it and the ones lucky enough to have her as a teacher loved her. She will be leaving soon to live in England for 3 years with her husband and children. His job is taking them there and while she is sad to leave our small town she is also looking forward to a new adventure. After the 3 years they will come back here. Everyone should know a Mrs. Korte, we will miss you Jessina.

No comments: